Close

Default SAWStudio and Jamstix 4 sync problem

Hello

I've just bought the upgrade to Jamstix 4 from Rayzoon Technologies. It's an intelligent virtual drummer vst and I've used Jamstix 2 for years which syncs to SAWStudio. Jamstix 4 has both 32 and 64 bit versions. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting the song position info it needs. I emailed Ralph and this was his reply:

Hi Jonathan,
    The host must provide proper song position and play state information.
    Jamstix 4 uses JUCE as an intermediate layer to the host so it would depend on what JUCE requires, which I am not sure of.

Best regards,
    Ralph Zeuner
    Rayzoon Technologies LLC

I remember there being a similar problem with Jamstix 3 back in the day which Bob fixed by adjusting a flag, whatever that is.

Has anyone else tried Jamstix recently?

Best Regards

Jonathan
    Last edited by JonathanT; 03-25-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Default Re: SAWStudio and Jamstix 4 sync problem

Oh well - it syncs perfectly with Reaper so I guess I'm going to have to learn a new DAW for when I want to use Jamstix. Maybe Bob can come up with one of his magic fixes in due course.

Just to clarify - Jamstix runs in sync with the host following the bar count and tempo. Jamstix 4 will play in preview mode (one looped bar) with SAWStudio so it is almost there.

I'll certainly be continuing to use SAWStudio for everything else!

Jonathan
    Last edited by JonathanT; 03-25-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Incidentally, I hope my original post didn't come across as critical of SAWStudio - that certainly wasn't my intention. The sync problem could well be an issue with Jamstix 4 or Juce. I was interested to find out if anyone else had used Jamstix 4 and SAWStudio together and there was a solution I could try.

Best Regards

Jonathan

Default SAWStudio and Jamstix 4 sync problem solved

Hello

I now have Jamstix4 working successfully under SAWStudio64 using JBridge and the 32bit version of Jamstix4. I used Dell's (mr_es335) JBridge installation guide for this which was invaluable.

The first time I ran it Jamstix4 gave an incompatiblilty message and said it had applied a fix. After restarting SAWStudio64 this no longer appears and it runs perfectly.

Sync between SAWStudio64 and Jamstix4 is rock solid no matter where playback is started from.

It's a drum program that's well worth checking out if you don't know it.

Best Regards

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com