Close

Default Controller Challenge

If I use different controllers (Mackie, Icon) I can get 2 or 3 faders for 16 to 24 channels.
    In Mackie I get meters BUT I can not do channel banking in SAC.
    If I go to HUI i don't get meters.
    It seems in Mackie I can get 1 controller to bank but I would really like more than 8 faders...

Default Re: Controller Challenge

With the Mackie MCU... one controller would be the master and all chan banking is done on that controller... the second controller would be an extender... when there are 2 connected, a chan bank should bank all 16 chans at once.

Bob L

Bob, Thank you for the reply. That is what I thought but the bank switching is not moving at all. Could there be a setting I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Burger View Post
    Bob, Thank you for the reply. That is what I thought but the bank switching is not moving at all. Could there be a setting I am missing?
    I think what is missing is the mixed controller configuration. I believe for the Mackie MCU to act as a master it has to have a Mackie expander connected to it. It won't do that with a different brand of controller.

So you'd need the Mackie MCU and a Mackie expander for the system to behave like a 16ch controller.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Phillip,
    Thank you it is not a Mackie.
    It does work with other DAWs but it doesn't matter because I want to use it with SAC. . . .
    Thanks again.

Hi Larry, maybe I misunderstood your first post.

I got the impression you were using two controllers (one was a Mackie MCU and the other was an ICON).

Is that not the case? If not, can you give a bit more detail on the setup?
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Phillip,
    I am using 3 ICon Pro X controllers (1 Master & 2 extenders).
    I do own 1 Mackie MCU-Pro and one Mackie MCU extender and had the same challenge (it would not bank).
    It would on both if I only used the master with no extenders...
    But I really would like the more faders.
    Both are UAS and SAC will find them in the MIDI driver section and communicate as far as fixed faders, mutes, select.
    I can manually (mouse) select a fader further down and with navigation on it will change (good and bad) but the bank (single or 8 x ) just doesn't seem to work.

Have you paid close attention to the port assignments when using the master and extenders... the extender hooks to midi port 1, the master hooks to midi port 2... backwards from what you might think. Detailed info is in the Help File.

Bob L

Bob,
    That was it. Once I placed the extenders in midi device 1 and 2 and the Master in 3 it worked.
    Sorry I missed it.
    Thank you..

Larry...

Larry—I've had my eye on the Icon Pro X for a little while. When you get familiar with it's functionality with SAW, I'd be interested to hear your overall impressions/experiences.

I think I read something about he master fader not working for folks in other DAWs. Does that sound right?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts