Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Variable SysEx Automation Possible With Control Track?

Is anyone using the SAW Control Track for Variable SysEx automation?

Is variable SysEx able to be recorded into the control track and then played back?
    For example a midi remote control talking through SAW to MIDI devices continuously controlling device parameters in real time> record in SAW
    then play back?

Or do the commands need to be written offline first by adding the SysEx message syntax into the Built-In Cmds "MIDI Hex String" dialog and then placed like automation gallery presets?

I did not realize SAW could do the SysEx control at all; which is wonderful
    I sure would like to record live tweaks if it is possible
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Default Re: Is Variable SysEx Automation Possible With Control Track?

You would have to enter the commands and you can save them as custom commands to use over and over again.

Bob L

Thanks Bob,
    understood...I did not realize this capability before. I would love to record CC input and play back. Obviously the Control Track is not designed that way. I can certainly understand the benefits of using control track for SysEx tho!
    I read up fully now and understand it much better.
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Thanks Bob,
    understood...I did not realize this capability before. I would love to record CC input and play back. Obviously the Control Track is not designed that way. I can certainly understand the benefits of using control track for SysEx tho!
    I read up fully now and understand it much better.
    Have you looked at the MIDI Workshop add-on at all?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Have you looked at the MIDI Workshop add-on at all?
    I have not, please post a link if poss
    I was reading the rmllabs Midi Workshop page...I didn't see where sysex was covered in depth at all

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    I have not, please post a link if poss
    I was reading the rmllabs Midi Workshop page...I didn't see where sysex was covered in depth at all
    Sounds like you found it.

I'm not familiar enough with MIDI or MWS to know what it might be capable of with sysex, but that's where you would do real-time recording of a MIDI stream. Notes, CC messages, PC messages...

Someone else will know more. Bob will know everything.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Sounds like you found it.

I'm not familiar enough with MIDI or MWS to know what it might be capable of with sysex, but that's where you would do real-time recording of a MIDI stream. Notes, CC messages, PC messages...

Someone else will know more. Bob will know everything.
    Thanks Dave
    I had a read through the MWS pdf user manual, I don't find any record function for controllers. As far as I can tell the SysEx /Hex capabilities are manual input...which SS control track is already capable of...that said, I can see MWS being very useful alongside SS

MWS will record midi controller data live on any track set to record.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    MWS will record midi controller data live on any track set to record.

Bob L
    fantastic, I'll give it a go =-D
    I was so not interested in trying to figure it out in Reaper...which I have never been able to get to grips with
    I haven't been able to get into SS64 yet...still living in my old SSLite dimension

Blog Entries

Here are a bunch of tutorials on MWS that will help you understand it better.

http://www.learnsawstudio.com/midi-workshop/