Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
Here are a bunch of tutorials on MWS that will help you understand it better.

http://www.learnsawstudio.com/midi-workshop/
Your videos have helped me immensely, thanks for that.

Let me be very clear on what I am asking, tho
I am specifically interested to know if MWS can record SysEx variable data real time input and play it back afterward. Clearly that data should be editable.

Consider a Lexicon PCM80 or 81;
the PCM 80/ 81 LSB first variable SysEx allows for over 10,000 steps of resolution for delay parameters (depending upon the algorithm).
The PCM81 pitch algos have 7200 steps of resolution. General MIDI 128 step resolution cannot even compare. NRPN/RPN dual channel midi
can get into the ballpark.

So using the SAW style parameter value pop-up we all know and love in MWS with 7000+ values would not be a pleasant experience!
Nevermind, because those pop-ups have not been built nor do I expect they would ever be considered to build.

I have been working on an ipad remote control using Midi Designer Pro 2 for a few years now and it will eventually get made.
I would expect MWS might be capable of recording and playback of the PCM8x ipad remote data and then playing back
as long as MWS control track(s) are hex capable for record and playback. Clearly, this Lexicon LSB first variable SysEx control
is proprietary and I certainly would not expect these parameter ticks and ranges to be native to MWS.

So, for my specific interest, I shall purchase MWS in the near future and test it out. I have a crude working prototype of my ipad
remote control for Lexicon PCM8x global parameters which does have some controls with thousands of parameter values and I could at least
perform a quick test and report back.

I'm sure I will watch a bunch of your videos for MWS too :-D