Close

Thread: Thanks for 4.7

Default Thanks for 4.7

Hi Bob

Thank you for the new release.

I'm curious about newer driver releases from a few different manufacturers

I assume that this refers to ASIO drivers.

Has there been a change in the ASIO specs or are this drivers performing outside the ASIO specs?

Does this also address the no-data after engine stop - start with (at least) the dante PCI card?

Thanks

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Default Re: Thanks for 4.7

Something has been changed in the way certain pointer variables are being released by the new Behringer UMC drivers as well as the Klark Tecnik drivers for the DN9630... as well as the new RME drivers for the RME Digiface Dante bix... to name a few that I have become aware of.

I found that my handling of the ASIO protocol had to be altered to stay compatible.

This has nothing to do with after the engine stop hang-over... that is the way it is because I guess none of the other products ever stop the engines and the drivers never have to handle that... I like the engine stop to free up the driver for other software to use during editing maneuvers... I may be forced to alter that concept... its really a simple thing though... the driver should just clear all buffers when it receivers the asio stop engine command.

Bob L