Close

Default Changing automation levels on multiple tracks

Hey there- is there a way to change the automation levels on multiple tracks at once. I know we can group faders in the mixer view and change track levels collectively that way, but about when you want to adjust the automation levels? Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Default Re: Changing automation levels on multiple tracks

Same way... select mixer tracks and then whatever you grab within that group in automation mode will write on all those selected tracks.

Bob L

Thanks Bob- Will that method also offset existing automation on those tracks or does that need to be done on the multitrack?

You are doing all multichannel automation moves by grabbing a selected mixer chan control. Place your cursor in the multitrack where you want to write the automation... then move a control on one of a group of selected mixer channels.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Kent F View Post
    Thanks Bob- Will that method also offset existing automation on those tracks or does that need to be done on the multitrack?
    To offset existing automation, mark the range (drag in the MT time line) of automation you want to offset and select the mixer channels (not MT tracks) associated with the tracks you want affected. Then click the offset button up top, and adjust one of the automation controls that you want to offset. Left-click the offset button to write the offset, right-click it to ignore the offset.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 06-07-2021 at 07:39 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks guys. Sure appreciate this forum.