Close

Default Anyone using allen and heath qu series mixers? How are the drivers?

I'm considering the qu-16 or 24. is anyone using these and finding they play well...

Default Re: Anyone using allen and heath qu series mixers? How are the drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I'm considering the qu-16 or 24. is anyone using these and finding they play well...
    Not the answer you're looking for, but if you haven't already compared this mixer with the PreSonus Studio Live Series III, I'd recommend you do. I'm certainly not dismissing the A&H as a bad mixer; I'm just suggesting an alternative with which I am familiar. The PreSonus drivers are rock solid.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Not the answer you're looking for, but if you haven't already compared this mixer with the PreSonus Studio Live Series III, I'd recommend you do. I'm certainly not dismissing the A&H as a bad mixer; I'm just suggesting an alternative with which I am familiar. The PreSonus drivers are rock solid.
    We have a couple of Allen and Heath SQ-7s at the school district I work at and I have explored that extensively - but haven't used it as an interface. I tried to steer them toward the presonus series III instead of the SQ7 - but it was not my decision.

I've been using a Behringer X18 as my interface. (I didn't have quite enough inputs and outputs on my minimalist analog AR16USB for the kind of recording I've been doing lately) I'm squeaking by on inputs with the X18 and I have been using the 6 aux busses for headphone mixes it all works surprisingly well and sounds great for a really cheap mixer - but I'm really missing a surface which I can navigate much better. The busses are cool, I have a couple of raspberry pis with old monitors people were throwing out so people can manage their own headphone mix - not bad for $35. Consideration of the Allen & Heath is just because of familiarity - and also there are a lot of outputs which could make the headphone mixes stereo which I like for tracking.

Maybe just dreaming - you always want to step it up.

Blog Entries

I have a QU-16 it is really an awesome mixer.
    Divers work great in Win 10 or MacOS
    Last edited by Microstudio; 06-10-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I have a QU-16 it is really an awesome mixer.
    Divers work great in Win 10 or MacOS
    Micro,
    and you being you, it goes without saying that it works fine with studio.

Blog Entries

Micro,
    and you being you, it goes without saying that it works fine with studio.
    Yep.

We have a couple of Allen and Heath SQ-7s at the school district I work at and I have explored that extensively - but haven't used it as an interface. I tried to steer them toward the presonus series III instead of the SQ7 - but it was not my decision.

I've been using a Behringer X18 as my interface. (I didn't have quite enough inputs and outputs on my minimalist analog AR16USB for the kind of recording I've been doing lately) I'm squeaking by on inputs with the X18 and I have been using the 6 aux busses for headphone mixes it all works surprisingly well and sounds great for a really cheap mixer - but I'm really missing a surface which I can navigate much better. The busses are cool, I have a couple of raspberry pis with old monitors people were throwing out so people can manage their own headphone mix - not bad for $35. Consideration of the Allen & Heath is just because of familiarity - and also there are a lot of outputs which could make the headphone mixes stereo which I like for tracking.

Maybe just dreaming - you always want to step it up.
    I also have an X-18, which is okay (I use it just for live performance now). But the Studio Live is a whole different beast. Even the "smaller one" (24 faders under hand, but paging gives you access to another 8) has 32 inputs and 8 stereo or 16 mono headphone mixes. I have my 32 fader mixer set up to to run 6 separate stereo headphone mixes. It also will run in Mackie emulation mode as a controller for SAW. Pretty awesome machine.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.