Close

Default Using Scenes to Control Light Board via Midi

Is there a way for Scenes to control a light board via midi?
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Default Re: Using Scenes to Control Light Board via Midi

Not yet... but you can link to SAWStudio which does have midi show control output to control lights.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Mike,

This is what I have done...works just great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Mike,

This is what I have done...works just great!!!
    Dell,

I think (no, I know) I am confused. Isn't the SAW control based on the timeline? What I am looking for is control of a live show with simple light scene changes (church service, actually) but with limited human resources. haha.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Blog Entries

Mike,

I do believe that in order for Show Control "to do what it does" - it would require a "time line" of some kind.

In my live performance setup, I have configured two types of sessions - what I refer to as "paused" and "timed".
    * This methodology did take me bit of time to figure out - but this methodology has worked out just great for me.

Mike, can you please explain more on what you mean by "but with limited human resources"?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 06-22-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Dell,

This application is in our church. We use SAC for FOH & Monitors including a monitor feed for our video stream. We also have a computer controlled house lighting system that is midi-controllable. My thought was that If a SAC scene was able trigger the scenes it would be one less thing a "human" would need to do. We have two folks in the booth, a sound tech who changes scenes that accomplishes what I need for the stream and a presentation tech (we use ProPresenter). One of them changes the light scenes that are on a Mac between the two of them. ProPresenter just came out with a midi implementation that I have not yet had time to investigate. Off the top Dell, do you know if there is a way to separate scenes so that say the stream monitor could have its own scenes that the other mixers wouldn't see?
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

A scene can be set to control a single mixer... but I never did create a display filter to separate them out displkay wise... so you will see all scenes on all mixers... but... you can just label the scenes with the mixer name in front so at least you can organize which scenes belong to which mixers...

I am thinking about a filter that would separate the displays to only the mixer it controls... but there is more to consider when a scene controls many mixers at once.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Mike,

I have some ideas?

Maybe we could discuss this on-the-phone sometime?
    * If so, send me an email with contact info.