Close

Default If you were on a desert island with one reverb plugin, what would it be?

Naturally it runs flawlessly in Studio...

Red face Re: If you were on a desert island with one reverb plugin, what would it be?

I've got a million of 'em, and it's a tough call that's also dependent on the style, but my reverb that gets the most use is Izotope (Exponential Audio) Symphony. It just sounds wonderful, is easy to use, and sits nicely in a mix. (Fabfilter Pro-R is in the same category.)

But for vibey pop stuff, UAD Lexicon 224 or PSP 2445 get first call, and for pristine classical or post work, Izotope Phoenix or any of the many convolution reverbs work well. For special effects where you need a really long and ambient reverb, I still usually go to Valhalla Room, or Eventide Blackhole. And that covers about half the 'verbs I have. My music mixes almost always have at least three reverbs, and in complex post it can be a dozen or more.

TMI and too many choices, I know, but I'll stick with Symphony as my first recommendation.

Default Re: If you were on a desert island with one reverb plugin, what would it be?

I could probably live with just the Valhalla Plate reverb, but there are so many wonderful reverbs out there, it’s really hard to not try and own all of them.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you were on a desert island with one reverb plugin, what would it be?

JMH,

Any of the Valhalla reverbs would do very nicely. OF the three that I presently own, VintageVerb is my general goto verb.

Developed in JUCE with Sean Costello as the lead developer.

All play very well with both SAC/SAW. And have even used Valhalla verbs remotely.