Close

Thread: MWS!

Blog Entries

Default MWS!

Good day,

In preparation of the provision of assistance to a neophyte of SAWStudio and MWS, I endeavor to ensure that 1) I know what I am doing so that, 2) I can help others to know what they are doing.

In a tutorial entitled, Using Midi WorkShop" - in the "Introductory Notes", I made the following comment,

"In all honestly, I really do not understand why some would - actually many it would appear, disparage a software application that is as intuitive and as efficient as is Midi WorkShop. How Bob has integrated Midi Workshop into the SAWStudio environment is truly a work of absolute genius!"

For example, recording a VSTi - such as KONTAKT. Two observations, 1) MWS is NOT required, and 2) ensure that "Disable SoftSynth" is enabled. Some observations:
    1) For the former, KONTAKT has a supplied keyboard. This allow same to record an audio performance of KONTAKT!
    2) For the latter, if I want to hear the playback of that audio performance, I need to ensure that "Disable SoftSynth" is enabled.
    * This, in effect, routes the audio output to SS - and NOT to the VSTi...if indeed, I understand the situation correctly?
    * Note: Remember, all of the above is being accomplished without the use of MIDI in anyway whatsoever!

In that same tutorial, I also noted,

"And though to some, Bob's methodology may be a bit esoteric - or even "outside of the box" so-to-speak - if would be an interesting notion if it were discovered that we have all - really-and-truly, been guilty at the outset of simply using the wrong box in the first place? Hmmmm...an interesting notion indeed!"

Anyhow, I thought that the above might be of some interest to others?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-13-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MWS!

As long as you have your midi controller setup in SawStudio you can bring in any VST to any track and play it just make sure you are in Live Mode.