Close

1. Default WAVES FITcontroller + SAC

Just wanted to say, that the Waves FITcontroller in MCU Mode works also with SAC.
    16 Channel fader + Master Fader: Mute, Solo, Select, PAN, Scribble strips are showing channel names and Pan-position.
    One or two more feaures like selecting the Monitor mixer dropdowm menue with an UDK.

Christian

2. Default Re: WAVES FITcontroller + SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    Just wanted to say, that the Waves FITcontroller in MCU Mode works also with SAC.
    16 Channel fader + Master Fader: Mute, Solo, Select, PAN, Scribble strips are showing channel names and Pan-position.
    One or two more feaures like selecting the Monitor mixer dropdowm menue with an UDK.

Christian
    Thank you for sharing. I'm considering the FIT controller for my SAC desk, so it's great to know that it works!
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

3. Default Re: WAVES FITcontroller + SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I'm considering the FIT controller for my SAC desk, so it's great to know that it works!
    Hey Peter,
    yes it does. And I even found out, that you can also recall all monitor mixers like so: Hit the "flip" button on the FIT and the drop down menue of the FOH + 24x monitor mixers will appear. Now choose which of the monitor mixers (or the FOH mixer) you would like to work with and than hit the Flip-Button again to recall that mixer. Make you changes and hit the Flip button again, that brings you instantly back to the FOH mioxer.

It is also possible to bank trough single channels or in banks of 16channels at once with the UDKs on the FIT.

Now, If you use the custom button in addition with the custom Layer buttons it get's interessting and dangerous at the same time. With these buttos (in conjunction with the channel Encoders) you have direct control over some of the wide mixer functions!
    The encoder 9-16 are now for operation the wide mixer, quite like a horizontal channel strip like the Avid S3 controller. I can dail in the entire compressor, attenuator, Phase, mono, Aux1 level/pan/on/off/post-pre-Fader, gain for all five EQbands as well as the EQ on/off. Not bad...BUT here comes the drawback: When in this mode and you use the Encoder on channel 16, SAC crashes immediatly:-( When I find the time, I will do a little video on that.

I have no experience with MIDI at all..maybe there is a way to fix that. I just used the 16channel Mackie MCU without meters template of SAC and used the FITcontroller in Mackie MCU mode (Hold "Solo" and "Select-button 2" on channel 2 during powerup, to set the FIT into MCU mode. SOLO+1 switches it back to LV1 mode). If someone could make it work, that would be awesome...to have the entire wide mixer available on the FITcontroller.

Christian

BTW Peter: I'm an official Waves hardware dealer...just in case you need a quote for the FIT;-) You will find me here: www.soundsurface.info

4. Default Re: WAVES FITcontroller + SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    ...BUT here comes the drawback: When in this mode and you use the Encoder on channel 16, SAC crashes immediatly:-(
    It would be to easy if it just worked ... :-)

I currently have at little piece of software, i have written myself, inserted between SAC and my controller. The software blocks certain midi messages, translates others and sends some direct through. I would probably write a similar program for the FIT controller and that would allow me to block the messages, that are crashing SAC.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.