Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: O Deus Audio WDM2VST

Good day,

Back in October of 2017, I had posted information with regards to the above.

Then recently, I came across the following on a KVR Forum posting and which stated, "It is actually free now. The author passed away and his family has allowed it to be made it available for free."

The above reference to "it" is for "ASIOLink Pro" - and not to the plug-ins based on that same software.

So, what to do?

My attempts at contacting any-and-all known sources has proved fruitless, so I now "reach-out" to the forum community to ascertain as to what might be the next possible course of action?

The sole purpose of pursing this course of action is the sheer simplicity of the using the plug-ins. Also, there is no latency whatsoever...so, as noted, the plug-ins work perfectly in both SAC and SAW.

Anyhow, as I do have the installer, let me ask the question if I may, "It is ethical to make this software available to others on the forum?"
    Last edited by mr_es335; 08-04-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: OT: O Deus Audio WDM2VST

Good day,

Any comments, responses, or replies?
    That I hope to get from all you guys.

So as to determine what it is to do,
    with the plug-in I have for you.

So, please help to know which way to go...
    ..with a..Yes|No?..or even a maybe so!

"Heh...heh!!"

I haven't attempted to install what I downloaded here, but maybe this is what you are looking for, Dell. There seem to be versions for both 32 and 64 bits:

https://give.academy/downloads/2018/...SKTOP-CJ9RH6E/

As to the ethics of downloading software whose current owner has suggested is now available for nothing - I see nothing wrong in taking the nephew up on his generous offer. That said - do not expect updates, patches, or support.

I'm just noticing that the install exe is dated from 2018. That seems suspicious for software that was for sale a month ago. I wonder whether this is current?

Blog Entries

John,

Firstly, the link provided is only for the standalone application...not the plug-in.

Secondly, where did you see the application for sale? The developer passed away sometime in 2019...if I am not mistaken.

Regardless, the installers all work as expected.

Again, it is the plug-in that you really want to use. I do have these.

Update!!
    The last version of ASIOLink Pro was v2.4 dated, Thu, 19 Jan 2017.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 08-05-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Oh! My mistake.

I started here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.p...vailable-free/

And from there to here: https://give.academy/downloads/2018/...usASIOLinkPro/

And from there to the 'downloads' menu on the same page.

There was also this (but I don't remember how I got there - maybe also from that same menu page): https://give.academy/downloads/2018/...usASIOLinkPro/

Blog Entries

John,

That page lists the latest ASIOLink Pro application...but not the plug-ins...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    John,

That page lists the latest ASIOLink Pro application...but not the plug-ins...
    Yes - that's all I found. I thought you wanted to know how I found what I did.