Close

Question On SAC, Monitor one working but not Monitor two

I have SAC set up and am getting a signal in both FOH and Monitor one. I believe that I have the inputs on Monitor two set up identically to those others, but I am not seeing any signal showing up next to the fader on the input. How do I troubleshoot it?

Thank you,
    Julius

Default Re: On SAC, Monitor one working but not Monitor two

Hi,

Monitor 1 is a special one for it can act as a Monitor Master. So verify the source settings of MON2, because MON2 to MON24 have additional routings for signals from MON1. (PreFaderM etc.. ).

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Tomy
    Yes, I discovered that quite by accident. My friend Tim initially got me up and running, so he didn't walk me through all the steps. Hunting around the screens I noticed at the top of the channel strip there was a window titled "input source". I went back to the monitor that was working and it was set to pre-fader, and as soon as I did that, I saw the signal come through.
    The next thing I have to do is figure out how to get an output signal. I have it set to Output 1, so it should be using the first output fader, and I have it sending to channel 23/24 on the convertor, but I'm not seeing anything show up on the ouput meter. It might be something as simple as not turning up the input fader.

As I get started I've been trying to use the SAC user manual, but I am wondering if I would do better using the on-screen help menu. It might be geared more toward getting up and running rather than referencing all the features, which are pretty amazing but quite extensive.

Thanks for the help.
    Julius

Blog Entries

Julius,
    ...am wondering if I would do better using the on-screen help menu?...
    ... Yes, the on-line help is great...but a hard-copy could be more expedient.

Sometimes, it is nice to "get away from it all", have a cup of your favourite beverage and then perform a complete read-through.

Just a thought...or even two.

"Sometimes, it is nice to "get away from it all", have a cup of your favourite beverage and then perform a complete read-through."

That is a great idea. This gives you the big picture and the lay of the land.

Thanks,
    Julius