Close

Default touchscreen with SAC

hello all
    I was wondering if you guys are using Touchscreen monitors instead of a midi-controller and/of a mouse?
    if so, how is this working and what kind of monitor and type are you using.
    myself, I was looking at a LG 22" Touch Monitor 10 Point IPS LED Full HD, is this any good?
    greetings
    janneman

2. Default Re: touchscreen with SAC

I'm using an Iiyama 22" touch screen. I find that it's possible to use most of the controls on the W and Z mixers, but you have to be pretty precise with your fingers, especially with the faders.
    I don't use the T mixer, because the visible number of channels is to low.
    I use a mouse to control most of my plugins. And I use a midi-controller with 8 faders.
    I don't know the LG screens, so I can't give you any advise on that.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Default Re: touchscreen with SAC

You can set up an FKey with the F Mixer spread across the screen for fast navigation and one T Mixer view on the left to access all the controls with your fingers... a great combination.
    The T Mixer chases whatever chan you touch on the F Mixer and then you can access all parts of the chan easily with your fingers from the T Mixer.

Bob L

Default Re: touchscreen with SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    I'm using an Iiyama 22" touch screen. I find that it's possible to use most of the controls on the W and Z mixers, but you have to be pretty precise with your fingers, especially with the faders.
    I don't use the T mixer, because the visible number of channels is to low.
    I use a mouse to control most of my plugins. And I use a midi-controller with 8 faders.
    I don't know the LG screens, so I can't give you any advise on that.
    Thanks for the info, I had the change to look at an Iiyama 22" also, what type doe you use?
    so you are using also a midi-controller for the faders? which one?, because the Touchscreen is not so fast for faders?

at your buttom list, I see that you are using windows 10, did you transpose your vstplugin for the DSB2408 to x64?
    or are you still using the 32bit SAC, if you did tranfer it to 64bit, could you send me a copie?

greetings
    janneman

5. Default Re: touchscreen with SAC

Quote Originally Posted by janneman View Post
    Thanks for the info, I had the change to look at an Iiyama 22" also, what type doe you use?
    so you are using also a midi-controller for the faders? which one?, because the Touchscreen is not so fast for faders?

at your buttom list, I see that you are using windows 10, did you transpose your vstplugin for the DSB2408 to x64?
    or are you still using the 32bit SAC, if you did tranfer it to 64bit, could you send me a copie?

greetings
    janneman
    I'm using a cheap Icon platform x+ controller.
    The faders om the controller are simply more "safe" to use.
    I'm still on the 32 bit version of SAC. So I haven't build 64 bit versions of my plugins.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.