Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SAW 32 bit compatibility with Win 10 64 bit

Friends,

I am running SAC and SAW 32bit in Windows 7 on a Mac Mini using bootcamp. I am thinking about moving to Windows 10 64 bit. Would this require me to upgrade SAW and SAC to the 64bit version?

Thank you,
    Julius

Default Re: SAW 32 bit compatibility with Win 10 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Julius F View Post
    Friends,

I am running SAC and SAW 32bit in Windows 7 on a Mac Mini using bootcamp. I am thinking about moving to Windows 10 64 bit. Would this require me to upgrade SAW and SAC to the 64bit version?

Thank you,
    Julius
    Hi Julius - I'm unclear as to whether it's possible - and I know zip about Mac Mini or bootcamp. But, you would lose all the very desirable SAC/SAW advantages of moving to 64 bit without it, at least.

I can say that I am using both SAC/SAW 32 bit on a Windows 7 64 bit pc without issue.
    I am also able to run them both on a Windows 10 64 bit pc, although I'm not using that system for more than a bit of testing and can't verify how good or not it works.

I can't respond to using them on a Mac with Bootcamp.

Should work fine with your current versions... although moving to the 64 bit versions will open up access to all the newer 64 bit plugins.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Julius F View Post
    Friends,

Thank you,
    Julius
    I'd been on Win10 x64 for years with SAWStudio 32-bit. Worked fine. You can run 32-bit programs in 64-bit windows. Just not the other way around so far as I know.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thank you!

Julius

Running (win 10) 64 bit saw when I try to import an edl created on the 32 bit platform (XP) I get an error message something like
    "the edl is not compatible and might be a newer version."

To me this is not a huge deal, new projects get done in 64 bit. My question is can I run the 32bit versions of saw and sac
    on the same machine? (not simultaneously with the 64 bit initiated of course)

Or is there a better fix?
    All help appreciated.
    Best,
    Bud

Oh, and BOO!

Had the edl come from an older version of studio? It shouldn't matter what OS Saw was running on (although I wouldn't place cash bets with bootcamp in the picture). Try opening the edl in a recent version of SS32 do a save as, then opening that in 64.

John
    Last edited by jmh; 10-31-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Bud,

My question is can I run the 32bit versions of saw and sac on the same machine? (not simultaneously with the 64 bit initiated of course
    ... I have launched SAC/SAW 32bit/64bit on the same system many times...all with no apparent issues.

For your interest, I just saved a session in SAW32 and that session opened just fine in SAW64. There must be other issues going on?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-31-2021 at 02:51 PM.