Close

Blog Entries

Default Assigning Inputs

Good day,

This is going to come across as a potentially "really dumb question" - but how do you assign MONO - or L/R inputs, in SAW?

In SAC, you see all of the inputs - but in SAW, you see [1-2] (Dev-01) - ASIO - In 1

Is this wee the use of Mono and Pan comes into play - literally.

A simple example would be great!

An example:
    • A 2 channel audio interface
    • Input 1 - Vocal > I-01 in SAW
    • Input 2 - acoustic guitar > I-02 in SAW

Thanks.

Default Re: Assigning Inputs

Click open a record meter on a channel. Then choose your L/R inputs from the MONO choices in the INPUT menu over the channel's record meter that pops up. Beyond that, you don't need to do any panning to record to the left or right channel in the pair.

Blog Entries

Hello,

I am simply referring to the inputs themselves as they come into SAW. I am NOT referring to recording at all.

Gotcha - it's been quite awhile since I've used that......

So, choose your input source for the channel in question by clicking the upper left corner of the input source (where it usually says MultiTrk). Then left-click on the word "Mono" below the Phs Rvs and Swap L/R buttons. There you will see a menu from which you can make your L/R selections.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,

So, choose your input source for the channel in question by clicking the upper left corner of the input source (where it usually says MultiTrk). Then left-click on the word "Mono" below the Phs Rvs and Swap L/R buttons. There you will see a menu from which you can make your L/R selections.
    ...Great!! Thanks for this...much appreciated!