Close

Blog Entries

Default MWS: Using a Midi Keyboard Controller

Good day,

As I tend do not use MIDI all that often, I do run into those "cranial depravity" moments wherein I completely forget how to perform a specific operation - such as that described here in this text. In particular, no audio output when using a MIDI keyboard controller. Frustrating indeed!

Interestingly, all of the actual "work" that was performed within this text...was performed entirely with Midi WorkShop - with the exception of the insertion of the Kontakt VSTi plug-in.

As always, I hope that some will l find this text of some practicable use?

Filename: Using a Midi Keyboard Controller.pdf
    Size: 271KB

PS: If you do find the information of some practicable use, then please consider supporting me on Patreon. Link below...thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MWS: Using a Midi Keyboard Controller

We all know a picture is worth a 1000 words but a video is priceless Thought I would add to this post to help people using Kontakt in MWS.

Blog Entries

Microstudio

...but a video is priceless...
    ...Interestingly...not according to the experts! Written text is still the best-and-preferred medium for conveying information.

Perform an Internet search on "pedagogical principles" and the conveying of information. Also, the avoidance of the use of pronouns - especially in technical documentation, is very important as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Microstudio

...Interestingly...not according to the experts! Written text is still the best-and-preferred medium for conveying information.

Perform an Internet search on "pedagogical principles" and the conveying of information. Also, the avoidance of the use of pronouns - especially in technical documentation, is very important as well.
    Interesting... It brings a question, why then are there lectures and demonstrations by professors and videos in the classroom? I can say that it is easier to learn from a video and ask questions to the person who taught in the video and that is why YouTube has over a billion videos with each one having a way for the person watching it to ask questions and get answers effectively. Anyway, this is not the topic of your post "Using a Midi Keyboard Controller" is and your .pdf and my video should be a great help to those searching for help on this topic.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,

Can you please check your PMs...!

I had a feeling this would end with some bashing of Micro.
    Thanks for this new document.
    And thank you to Micro for all the videos that you lovingly created back in the day. You are weird and wonderful. The vids were an excellent investment.
    Both are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by studio-c View Post
    I had a feeling this would end with some bashing of Micro.
    Thanks for this new document.
    And thank you to Micro for all the videos that you lovingly created back in the day. You are weird and wonderful. The vids were an excellent investment.
    Both are very helpful.
    I agree. I also bought those videos and they helped me too.