Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Anybody using Win 11?

I thrilled to announce that I'm eligible for Windows 11. Anybody using it yet? Is there a list of tweaks for audio available anywhere?

Thanks,
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Default Re: Anybody using Win 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    I thrilled to announce that I'm eligible for Windows 11. Anybody using it yet? Is there a list of tweaks for audio available anywhere?

Thanks,
    I can't think of a single reason to use windows 11 at this point in time for any critical applicaitons/functions.

Windows 11 is not a fully released product with continually moving parts and as yet its not clear if it will be functional for purpose specific applications.

Just simple lock down of things like default browser settings are constantly moving targets. There is nothing that windows 11 brings to the table as yet that makes it more functional or useful at this point in time.

If you want to jump into that pool just understand that you are likely to have ongoing random problems with the system every time a system update is issued as there are many system settings and functionality that gets force reset or changed every time an update is released.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Ian,

Been testing it...just for interest purposes...too new yet...too many "issues" to single out. Wait a year...or even two!

Set up an XP system awhile back...wish we could still use that OS.
    • PS: This might be worth a view: [Click_Me]

Last edited by mr_es335; 11-17-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Good day,

Though maybe not-in-anyway tangible proof that what I am about to state is true and/or factual, since I began my own computer consulting business back in in 1992, I have noticed that the vast majority of my clientele do not understand computer usage as i sincerely believe that such usage was intended to be understood.

Consider for a moment, that prior to BBS's/Internet, a computer would be used for "local stuff". The only access to the outside world was through the use of external software.

Since the advent of the Internet, more and more of my clients appear to have "moved away" from using a computer "as a tool" and have become more and more dependent on other resources, such as cell phones. As a result, computers, when used, must appears to be merely extension of their cell phones.
    ***8226; This anomaly can be easily verified by joining the Windows Insider Group.

To the contrary, I have a considerable number of clients that use a computer "entirely as a tool" and they never seem at all concerned about "the latest and the greatest".

The point to all of this is, is that what I have noticed is that those that use a computer "as a non-tool" seem more fixated on ensuring that whatever it is that they have is current and up to date.

For myself personally, other than some features of the Windows 10 Start Screen that I do find interesting, I see no need at all to upgrade to Windows 10. When my current system dies, there are plethora of used Dell systems out there to meet my needs wherein Windows 7 can still be easily installed.
    * I have one set aside for this very purpose.

Hopefully not too philosophic!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-14-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Alright then, since I'm only moderately unhappy with Win 10, I'll stick with it.

Thanks.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Blog Entries

Ian,

What Version and build of Windows 10 are you using?

If unsure, go to Start > Run, enter: winver...

See here: [Click_Me]
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-14-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Alright then, since I'm only moderately unhappy with Win 10, I'll stick with it.

Thanks.
    I have a new (Dell) laptop coming in a few weeks. When assembling my custom system online, I was happy to see the OS option for "Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 11 license" so that when I feel like the time is right sometime next year... But I suppose that's the default for anyone with Windows 10 these days, right? Free upgrade?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 12-14-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

Yes, Windows 11 is a free update to al WIN8 to WIN10 users.

PS: It is STILL possible, for WIN7 users to upgrade to Windows 10. Why? I do not know!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Ian,

What Version and build of Windows 10 are you using?

If unsure, go to Start > Run, enter: winver...

See here: [Click_Me]
    Windows 10 Home
    Version: 20H2
    Build: 19042.1415

The two annoying things about it are:
    I can turn off Windows Update for only for limited time periods.
    I can't get it to stop telling me that Windows Firewall is turned off.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com