Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Export Tracks to Soundfiles with Processing ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Actually (and this may make a difference in whether or not it's worth the effort), what am I thinking? You don't have to return everything back to how it was with the output settings. Just close the EDL, perhaps after saving a spin-off copy, and the next time you open up the original, all will be right with the world. :-)
    I've always wanted be able to hit delete to purge a highlighted but unneeded filename from my 'open recent' list so it only consists of the 'real files' I'm working on, by removing rejected branches (spin-offs if you like). Lately I've been going into the file manager and just making a copy of the open but unsaved edl when I think I need to fork and just stick with the current file name, but this experiment is clashing with my historic naming convention (does not solve the list problem if I listen to the earlier version either).

For me, the frequent reason for a fork is I am suspecting my judgement is impaired, so I may close down or move to something else for a while. Later I'll choose which path I like. So far so good, but as the filename of the reject moves down the recent list, by luck of the font or the file's neighbors, it may be visually more prominent than the good one and accidentally get opened and I'll have the bum file perpetually festering in the list - or worse yet, I'll unknowingly start working on the reject.

Not important enough to make a feature request, more a pet peeve being aired. (Come to think of it, its possible I've never tried to hit delete in that list).
    Last edited by jmh; 11-22-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    I've always wanted be able to hit delete to purge a highlighted but unneeded filename from my 'open recent' list so it only consists of the 'real files' I'm working on...
    That's an easy one - Shift/Click on the name in the recents list - poof! gone.
    and just for your information - if you want to clear a name/timeline notation from the Locator list, use Ctrl/Click.
    It's one of the (few) puzzling inconsistencies I've gotten used to in SAW. I don't recall now why it's different - but there ya go.

For the box I built in 2011, I remember searching for a mobo with three PCI slots. PCIe had at that point overtaken the older format. For the box I built at the start of this year, I came across a mobo with a single PCI slot, and I grabbed it, thinking I could continue to use my Digiface. We'll see if I ever do, now that I've started buying UA Apollo stuff.

At this point it'd be interesting to see how much modern-processor capability you'll have to give up to get all the PCI slots you want. My assumption being that you'll have to go with somewhat older systems. But who knows? Maybe you can still find something of a new or recent vintage that keeps you fairly current in the CPU department.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    if you want to clear a name/timeline notation from the Locator list, use Ctrl/Click.
    Cool to be reminded of the shift-click feature. But what does the above mean? I'm not following.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Cool to be reminded of the shift-click feature. But what does the above mean? I'm not following.
    The Locate list is the dropdown button menu just to the right of the 4 L buttons (for storing and quick access timeline positions). I use it constantly to have quick access to song sections, or for locating start and end points of individual songs/sections in concert-length recordings. It's a help (though not completely, since I often run out) to compensate for not having drop-in markers (like most programs). There's 30 locators, plus the quick access 4 near the top of the MT.

Ctrl/Click clears a locator, rather than the Shift/Click that clears the recents list. I often get these confused.

That's an easy one - Shift/Click on the name in the recents list - poof! gone.
    and just for your information - if you want to clear a name/timeline notation from the Locator list, use Ctrl/Click.
    It's one of the (few) puzzling inconsistencies I've gotten used to in SAW. I don't recall now why it's different - but there ya go.
    UTD, why didn't you tell me that 20 years ago!

*just kidding. Why didn't I ask...

The Locate list is the dropdown button menu just to the right of the 4 L buttons (for storing and quick access timeline positions). I use it constantly to have quick access to song sections, or for locating start and end points of individual songs/sections in concert-length recordings. It's a help (though not completely, since I often run out) to compensate for not having drop-in markers (like most programs). There's 30 locators, plus the quick access 4 near the top of the MT.

Ctrl/Click clears a locator, rather than the Shift/Click that clears the recents list. I often get these confused.
    Ah. Speaking of dropping markers, have you looked at the Control Track? :-). One approach is to keep the Control Track at the top of your multitrack layout, so you will usually see it.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Ah. Speaking of dropping markers, have you looked at the Control Track? :-). One approach is to keep the Control Track at the top of your multitrack layout, so you will usually see it.
    Ah - good point.
    I started to learn how to make use of it, specifically when Bob suggested it as a way around my perceived lack of markers way back when. I never got used to using it, however. That may be partly due to the fact that it requires screen real estate I'm not willing to give up - and I only use a single monitor (partly to avoid issues with lost views and stuff, when something goes wrong with the dual-monitor pc - which can happen from time to time).

Ah - good point.
    I started to learn how to make use of it, specifically when Bob suggested it as a way around my perceived lack of markers way back when. I never got used to using it, however. That may be partly due to the fact that it requires screen real estate I'm not willing to give up - and I only use a single monitor (partly to avoid issues with lost views and stuff, when something goes wrong with the dual-monitor pc - which can happen from time to time).
    Speaking of which... is there no method (straight-forward or otherwise) to force stuff that's gotten lost off-screen back on-screen? What about temporarily changing the F-key file? Or your windows resolution?
    Becket, Massachusetts