Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Export Tracks to Soundfiles with Processing ??

Is Export Tracks to Soundfiles with Processing supposed to include auxes, too? - as in, reverb and delay going through aux/return routing? It sure doesn't appear to when I tried it. In fact, the tracks sound surprisingly similar, if not the same, to Export Tracks to Soundfiles With Out Processing.

If export tracks isn't meant to export a "wet" track, then is there an equally simple way for a person to include auxes without having to do a build mix for each track?

While I'm at it, since I've rarely bothered printing my fx to tracks - what's the usual method of doing so for a multi-channel/instrument recording that contains many channels with fx on aux returns?

Default Re: Export Tracks to Soundfiles with Processing ??

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Is Export Tracks to Soundfiles with Processing supposed to include auxes, too? - as in, reverb and delay going through aux/return routing? It sure doesn't appear to when I tried it. In fact, the tracks sound surprisingly similar, if not the same, to Export Tracks to Soundfiles With Out Processing.

If export tracks isn't meant to export a "wet" track, then is there an equally simple way for a person to include auxes without having to do a build mix for each track?

While I'm at it, since I've rarely bothered printing my fx to tracks - what's the usual method of doing so for a multi-channel/instrument recording that contains many channels with fx on aux returns?
    i believe it includes effects, gates, compression on the specific channel, but it wouldn’t include aux’s as those are not track/channel specific.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

uptildawn,

According to the HelpFile...

"Export Track(s) to SoundFile(s) - [With Mixer Processing]

This option makes it simple to export solid track wav files from SAWStudio to be easily used in any other DAW system. Selecting this option processes the data through the mixer channel controls, patched plugins and automation. This option will also translate the source files to the current MT SampleRate and Resolution settings.

If there are selected tracks, this option process all selected tracks only, otherwise all tracks are processed.

You are given a choice to process all layers or only the top layer. You are also asked to select a location for the exported files as well as a base filename. The base name (usually the edl name) will be appended with the track label and layer number if layers are chosen. It is recommended you create a folder called Export in the project folder to separate all exported files for easy transfer to another system. A separate folder also helps to eliminate problems due to filenames matching existing source files in the current project folder. Duplicate filenames in the same folder will be overwritten.
    "

So, it would appear that only Input tracks are used here.

Hope this helps?

Aux sends and returns would require a build mix operation since the returns are not part of the actual input track.

Bob L

Once again going off memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong,

Tracks would include patched in fx plugins. When I've exported tracks, they are re-monoized so if a plugin shapes stereo (like a ping ponging delay), the sides mix back to center (but I think there is a control in the destination dialog (which would impact all selected tracks) to export as stereo).

Don't know that I've tried to get the auxes, but you could assign each to an unused ouput and get them that way - you might have to do it separate as a build mix.
    Last edited by jmh; 11-19-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Be aware that if you have two tracks with the same name, the earlier one will be overwritten by the later one. I have forgotten this a number of times and had tracks missing after transferring them to another facility.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Once again going off memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong,

Tracks would include patched in fx plugins. When I've exported tracks, they are re-monoized so if a plugin shapes stereo (like a ping ponging delay), the sides mix back to center (but I think there is a control in the destination dialog (which would impact all selected tracks) to export as stereo).

Don't know that I've tried to get the auxes, but you could assign each to an unused ouput and get them that way - you might have to do it separate as a build mix.
    You could get individual tracks that you need as stereo in the build mix step too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Aux sends and returns would require a build mix operation since the returns are not part of the actual input track.

Bob L
    Thanks Bob for verifying what others have suggested and I was suspecting.
    I'm using build mix for this current project, as well as the export function just to be sure my client gets what they need at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    i believe it includes effects, gates, compression on the specific channel, but it wouldn’t include aux’s as those are not track/channel specific.
    You are so right - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    uptildawn,

According to the HelpFile...

"Export Track(s) to SoundFile(s) - [With Mixer Processing]

This option makes it simple to export solid track wav files from SAWStudio to be easily used in any other DAW system. Selecting this option processes the data through the mixer channel controls, patched plugins and automation. This option will also translate the source files to the current MT SampleRate and Resolution settings.

If there are selected tracks, this option process all selected tracks only, otherwise all tracks are processed.

You are given a choice to process all layers or only the top layer. You are also asked to select a location for the exported files as well as a base filename. The base name (usually the edl name) will be appended with the track label and layer number if layers are chosen. It is recommended you create a folder called Export in the project folder to separate all exported files for easy transfer to another system. A separate folder also helps to eliminate problems due to filenames matching existing source files in the current project folder. Duplicate filenames in the same folder will be overwritten.
    "

So, it would appear that only Input tracks are used here.

Hope this helps?

Yup - read the help files first thing, but didn't find what was and was not included in the export per channel.
    Not only are only input tracks used, but the fx patched through sends/returns are not included as part of the per/channel processing.