Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 32 bit plug-in replacements for move to SS 64

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted. I mostly just lurk. By the time I read a post, more competent people than myself have already replied.

I am moving to SawStudio 64 and a few of my more needed plug-ins are 32 bit and not working. I tried jBridger and it doesn't seem to be helping at all. I have been finding replacements for most of my plug-ins through the years, knowing this was coming.

The plug-ins that I most need to replace are:
    RBass
    Sonorus Meter (that I can live without)
    Waves c4 - mostly I need an upward expander.
    Sonorus EQ (mostly due to the automation within SS)

These are all for classical, jazz, big-band stuff. So, used more like mastering plug-ins than on individual channels. I truly dislike dongles, iLoks and subscriptions. So I'm not interested in going back to Waves if I don't have to. So far, I haven't seen anyone on any forum find anything that works like RBass. So, I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'll probably discover others later. But, these are ones that I could really use help with.

Thanks all.

Default Re: 32 bit plug-in replacements for move to SS 64

The Waves plugins are available in 64 bit versions, so that should be easy enough.

There isn’t really an equivalent for the automatable Sonorus EQ. The closest would be Bob’s Parametric, which I believe is free and available in 64 bit.

As to replacement meters, there are many out there. Here’s one:
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MUtility
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    The Waves plugins are available in 64 bit versions, so that should be easy enough.

There isn’t really an equivalent for the automatable Sonorus EQ. The closest would be Bob’s Parametric, which I believe is free and available in 64 bit.

As to replacement meters, there are many out there. Here’s one:
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MUtility
    Thanks, Michael.

I'm really trying to avoid Waves these days. Their dongles, subscriptions, etc. are just not something I want to deal with. Rbass is on sale now, I think. I might bite the bullet and get it as a stopgap. But, I'd rather do without it altogether if I could.

I mostly like the size and format of the Sonorus meter. It's "just" a meter. It's narrow, not too tall and doesn't take up much real estate. I mostly use it so that I can always have 2-mix meter in view all of the time without having to scroll over, or click over to see the main out.

Scott

Scott,

Try playing with Nova, and if you like it buy the 'Gentleman's edition' version which will expand as well as compress. You can turn off all of the frequency bands to have a wide band expander.

John

JBridge won't help with the native plugins only the VSTs.

The only way the native plugins will work is if the developer re-issues them as 64-bit plugins.

You can however run the 32-bit version of SAW/SAC and I believe the 32-bit versions of the plug-ins on a 64-bit machine. This should give you the ability to continue using the 32-bit plugins on existing projects or those projects where you really want access to the 32-bit plugins.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    JBridge won't help with the native plugins only the VSTs.

The only way the native plugins will work is if the developer re-issues them as 64-bit plugins.

You can however run the 32-bit version of SAW/SAC and I believe the 32-bit versions of the plug-ins on a 64-bit machine. This should give you the ability to continue using the 32-bit plugins on existing projects or those projects where you really want access to the 32-bit plugins.
    I still have my 32 bit version of SS. Thankfully, they run like like two different programs. So, I can get by doing that for now. I'm just trying to eventually get completely over to 64.

I've also found out that I can open 32-bit .edl's in the 64 bit SS, and vice versa, without any problems. Of course the incompatible plug-ins don't open. But, nothing gets corrupt. Edits all seem to stay where they were, etc.

Scott

It looks like I can renew my update plan through Waves and get updates to the Waves plug-ins that I have. Most of these were bought on 2004. Has anyone done an update like this?

I'm wondering if it will kill/overwrite my 32 bit versions that I still use in my 32 bit version of SS.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I've also found out that I can open 32-bit .edl's in the 64 bit SS, and vice versa, without any problems.
    Scott
    SAWStudio32 will not open SAWStudio64 EDLs, FWIW.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

It looks like I can renew my update plan through Waves and get updates to the Waves plug-ins that I have. Most of these were bought on 2004. Has anyone done an update like this?

I'm wondering if it will kill/overwrite my 32 bit versions that I still use in my 32 bit version of SS.
    Scott
    When I got my waves bundle, I was allowed to put on an older version, So for 64 bit saw I have whatever was the current version a year ago, but they did not have 32 bit versions, so on ss(32) - which is the one I really use, I had to install a version or two behind. It took some expermentation getting the second version without wiping out the first. The whole process sucks and this multipled it by two!

Sorry to everyone who has to hear this again, every time waves is mentioned, I feel the sting. The time it took to install those plugins was worth more than any savings from the bundle or discount pricing.

I mostly like the size and format of the Sonorus meter. It's "just" a meter. It's narrow, not too tall and doesn't take up much real estate. I mostly use it so that I can always have 2-mix meter in view all of the time without having to scroll over, or click over to see the main out.
    Check out the BX_meter from Brainworx. It's very similar. I have to mention the Plugin Alliance plugins overall are trouble-free, stable and have straightforward licensing options.

I have not tried this one myself but it's similar to the Sonorus. https://www.maat.digital/drmeter/

DDMF is another set of plugins to look at. They have a multiband comp but it isn't exactly a C4 equivalent.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 01-03-2022 at 06:41 PM.