Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 32 bit plug-in replacements for move to SS 64

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    When I got my waves bundle, I was allowed to put on an older version, So for 64 bit saw I have whatever was the current version a year ago, but they did not have 32 bit versions, so on ss(32) - which is the one I really use, I had to install a version or two behind. It took some expermentation getting the second version without wiping out the first. The whole process sucks and this multipled it by two!

Sorry to everyone who has to hear this again, every time waves is mentioned, I feel the sting. The time it took to install those plugins was worth more than any savings from the bundle or discount pricing.
    This is exactly the reason I'm trying to get away from Waves.

If you have any helpful hints about dealing with them. I'd appreciate it.

Scott

2. Default Re: 32 bit plug-in replacements for move to SS 64

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    It looks like I can renew my update plan through Waves and get updates to the Waves plug-ins that I have. Most of these were bought on 2004. Has anyone done an update like this?

I'm wondering if it will kill/overwrite my 32 bit versions that I still use in my 32 bit version of SS.

Scott
    You'll have to install v10 for 32bit and vCurrent for 64bit. (vCurrent is whatever version you own)
    As jmh mentioned, this process is not straight forward, but it can be done.
    *AFAIK, nothing over v10 plugin will be available in 32bit, so some of the new stuff just simply won't have a 32bit v10 option
    Jon Ketcham
    Sound Suite
    Holly Springs, NC, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SoundSuite View Post
    You'll have to install v10 for 32bit and vCurrent for 64bit. (vCurrent is whatever version you own)
    As jmh mentioned, this process is not straight forward, but it can be done.
    *AFAIK, nothing over v10 plugin will be available in 32bit, so some of the new stuff just simply won't have a 32bit v10 option
    The new (64 bit) versions of Rbass and C4 (now C6) were on sale for $30 each with a buy two get one free deal. So, I'm hoping it's worth a shot. As I normally have to copy/paste the .dll into SS anyway. I'm hoping that I can do the install, copy paste the .dll into SS(64) and SS(32) won't even know it's there. But, I have no idea what Waves is going to do. These are not *upgrades*. These are fresh installs, so I'm hoping they don't overwrite anything.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Check out the BX_meter from Brainworx. It's very similar. I have to mention the Plugin Alliance plugins overall are trouble-free, stable and have straightforward licensing options.

I have not tried this one myself but it's similar to the Sonorus. https://www.maat.digital/drmeter/

DDMF is another set of plugins to look at. They have a multiband comp but it isn't exactly a C4 equivalent.
    I've had good luck with Brainworx and Plugin Alliance stuff. I'll check these out.

Thanks,
    Scott