Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SAWStudio VST INI utility not running

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    You can just copy the VSTs to the SAW VST folder. They have always worked for me fine like that.
    True 'nuff. While on the topic...

Having done the most recent UAD plugins version install on my new laptop, I'm seeing DLLs with the same name in two different places, and with two different file sizes. One set is at C:\Program Files\Universal Audio\Powered Plugins\UAD-2 Powered Plugins, and the other is at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Universal Audio. At the latter location all DLLs are 431 or 432 KB in size, and organized into subfolders by type (compressors and limiters, delays and modulation, etc.). At the latter location the DLLs are all of varying sizes.

What's up with that? (I think I knew this once, but have since fogotten. :P)

For the batch INI creation I used the larger, varying-filesize DLLs, and that seems to have worked, FWIW.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Well, I got the thing running on my desktop computer, so I know it'll work in Windows 10. As I recall, it didn't take anything special to make it work, either; so I was thinking maybe there was something else I could check. But what do I know?

So... version 3.5 SP1 of what, exactly?
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, Dave. I was out getting medium minor surgery all day yesterday and they wouldn't let me go home to stay by myself. Also sorry that solution didn't work for you. It looked perfect to me. I guess you never really know until you do it.

I’m not sure. Are the dates on the files the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    True 'nuff. While on the topic...

Having done the most recent UAD plugins version install on my new laptop, I'm seeing DLLs with the same name in two different places, and with two different file sizes. One set is at C:\Program Files\Universal Audio\Powered Plugins\UAD-2 Powered Plugins, and the other is at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Universal Audio. At the latter location all DLLs are 431 or 432 KB in size, and organized into subfolders by type (compressors and limiters, delays and modulation, etc.). At the latter location the DLLs are all of varying sizes.

What's up with that? (I think I knew this once, but have since fogotten. :P)

For the batch INI creation I used the larger, varying-filesize DLLs, and that seems to have worked, FWIW.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, Dave. I was out getting medium minor surgery all day yesterday and they wouldn't let me go home to stay by myself. Also sorry that solution didn't work for you. It looked perfect to me. I guess you never really know until you do it.
    Yeah. Well, thanks for trying. Hope your medical outing worked out.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I***8217;m not sure. Are the dates on the files the same?
    Yessir. 2/25/22 for all DLLs in both groups, though, is one second apart. I reckon this is the date/time that the UAD software version was created at UA. I installed it only a few days ago.
    Becket, Massachusetts