Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: New install freezing for buildmixes

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,
    Connection Notes - Page 14

Thunderbolt 3

• Apollo Twin X must be connected via a Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included) to a computer that has an available Thunderbolt 3 port.

About Thunderbolt 3 Ports and Cables
    Important: Although Thunderbolt 3 always uses USB-C connectors, not all USB-C ports are Thunderbolt 3 ports. Similarly, not all USB-C cables are Thunderbolt 3 cables. Always connect Apollo Twin X to a Thunderbolt 3 port with a Thunderbolt 3 cable.

USB-C is not Thunderbolt 3
    Thunderbolt 3 uses USB-C connections to transfer data and power. However, USB-C is simply a connector type; it doesn't determine the type of data used by the connector. For example, USB-C connections can be used for Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, and other data protocols, so USB-C connections are not always interchangeable.

Does your USB-C connector support Thunderbolt 3?
    To determine if a USB-C port or cable connector supports Thunderbolt 3, look for the Thunderbolt icon. The Thunderbolt icon on a USB-C port or cable means the connector supports Thunderbolt 3. Alternately, confirm Thunderbolt 3 compatibility with the device and/or cable manufacturer.

Hope this helps?
    Thanks, Dell. I've seen that. Which part of that are you thinking could shed some light? And on what, exactly? We fixed the freezes, remember? It was the Realtek driver.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks for the clarification, jmh.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I had this problem and for the life of me can’t remember what the fix was, but it was either a registry or bios setting and I believe it was something having to do with CPU scheduling. I have been searching for any reminder of the process I used. Sorry to fail you. I will keep looking.
    Thanks for your efforts, Michael. Turns out it was dumb me trying to use the dumb Realtek driver on my laptop (having no other available). Not that that should've been obvious or even a thing, but, regardless, wrapping it in ASIO-4-ALL solved the problem.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thought I posted this the other day, but now I don't see it...

Special thanks to Dell for wrapping my native Realtek drivers in ASIO-4-ALL. That fixed the apparent freezes, etc. Not sure why the native driver was problematic, but there you have it. Why the hell was I using the Realtek driver? Too lazy to bring a real interface to Tucson. That's all. New laptop. Really should've tested it more fully before heading out of town.
    Becket, Massachusetts