Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help. Replace file - name changed

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    There also is the option of automatically renaming the file itself (as well as renaming the entry). Choose from:
    Menu>View>File>(select file & click blue triangle> choose "Rename Selected Entries and Actual Files"
    Carl,
    this is exactly what I explained in my post above

except what do mean by "automatically"? This is a manual process IME

hmmm...ok, now I see that I did not include both "Rename..." choice possibilities from the blue triangle menu for File View
    Last edited by Todd R; 05-29-2022 at 02:26 AM.

...if you want multiple region names changed you *can* do so simply by selecting the multiple entries desired and rename all selected (in one dialog box), doing so with one click. (NICE!)
    Tell me more. I don't think I know about this. Also: how can you rename all regions to the same thing, or does it only rename part of each region name?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Tell me more. I don't think I know about this. Also: how can you rename all regions to the same thing, or does it only rename part of each region name?
    Dave, you're really renaming all regions to the same name. But, in my case it worked for me, because all selected regions were from the same filename I had changed, so typing in the corrected file name (with a preface) then changed all the regions (which looked like all were individually changed... but they were the same name anyway - I just changed the preface)

You can't rename only part of each region name of multiple region names - they will all be renamed to what ever you're typing in the rename box. (sorry I wasn't clear on what I was doing in my renaming my regions).

There is only one dialog box for the rename.... so however many regions you are selecting in the Regions dialog box, all (each) will be renamed to the new name typed (with corresponding "001, 002" etc.).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 05-29-2022 at 07:15 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

...(with corresponding "001, 002" etc.).
    Ah! That's the part I was wondering about. Couldn't imagine having all regions with literally the same name!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts