Close

Default SawStudio 64 Weird Display

I'm often getting a weird display of the Multi-track in SawStudio 64 where the bottom track is blank (black) and no controls are shown on the left hand side. Anybody ever had this happen? If so, what's the cure?
    (I tried uploading a small jpg of it... but image upload for this post isn't allowing it (only a 130kb file).
    Last edited by Carl G.; 05-29-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: SawStudio 64 Weird Display

Carl,

Email me the pic...email below...

My guess is a corrupted FKey file where the resolution might have changed since the Fkeys were made... try adjusting the MT with the Pgup or PgDn key and resave the Fkey... then resave the FKey file defaults.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Carl,

Email me the pic...email below...
    Thanks Dell, just sent you the pic.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    My guess is a corrupted FKey file where the resolution might have changed since the Fkeys were made... try adjusting the MT with the Pgup or PgDn key and resave the Fkey... then resave the FKey file defaults.

Bob L
    Thanks Bob, I tried your suggestion, and the thing that worked (finally) was new install (may have been a directory permissions thing).

Except.... (someone else had this problem): a couple of windows (Control Track and Full Mixer in my case) are nowhere to be found, even though in the view window they are check marked. I tried resetting options/resolutions in SS64 to various settings, and windows magnifications to various settings... still can't find Control Track & Full Mixer. What was the 'magic trick' to getting those back?
    Last edited by Carl G.; 05-30-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    Carl G.
    www.creativetrax.com

Same thing usually... Fkeys that were saved when using multiple monitors or a higher resolution monitor than currently.

Try clearing the Fkey defaults and restarting the program... rebuild your fkeys and save fkey defaults.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    I'm often getting a weird display of the Multi-track in SawStudio 64 where the bottom track is blank (black) and no controls are shown on the left hand side. Anybody ever had this happen? If so, what's the cure?
    (I tried uploading a small jpg of it... but image upload for this post isn't allowing it (only a 130kb file).
    I think I've seen something like this occasionally. I've always chalked it up to a display issue. An occasional gremlin easily cleared by simply hitting the F-key again. I see this in other apps occasionally, too. Usually it just calls for a quick "repaint."
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts