Close

Thread: RME

Default RME

I wonder if anybody has any experience of running SAC for a combination of RME Digiface USB (external interface) with Behringer ADA8200 (mic preamp)?
    Is USB 2.0 enough for simultaneous 8-channel processing?
    Also, does anybody have knowledge of any low-budget external interface similar to the mentioned RME, but with 8+ channels? Any nonames maybe?
    Last edited by andrew b; 06-06-2022 at 04:07 AM.

Default Re: RME

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    I wonder if anybody has any experience of running SAC for a combination of RME Digiface USB (external interface) with Behringer ADA8200 (mic preamp)?
    Is USB 2.0 enough for simultaneous 8-channel processing?
    Also, does anybody have knowledge of any low-budget external interface similar to the mentioned RME, but with 8+ channels? Any nonames maybe?
    Somewhere on RME's site I read where they stated they could get well over 64 channels on USB 2 with room to spare and at the time had no intention of going to thunderbolt or USB3
    That info may still be up on there site.

W
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

I have a Motu 8pre-es that runs 24 channels rock solid at 1X32 overr USB 2. I use it with 2 ADA-8200s.

The RME Digiface USB works great with SAC and ADA8200s... I do 32 chans in and out with no issues... the drivers are great as usual with RME products.

An inexpensive alternative is the Behringer 1820 usb box... 8 in and out built-in with another adat port for adat hookup of another 8 chans.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The RME Digiface USB works great with SAC and ADA8200s... I do 32 chans in and out with no issues... the drivers are great as usual with RME products.

An inexpensive alternative is the Behringer 1820 usb box... 8 in and out built-in with another adat port for adat hookup of another 8 chans.

Bob L
    thank you great master!