Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SAC64 - Waves plugins

Hi

I would like to use the Waves Tune Real Time plugin and as the current Waves plugins are only 64bit I have installed demo versions of both SAC64 and Waves Tune.
    I have used shell2vst64.exe to extract the Waves Tune plugin dll and copied it to the VSTPlugins folder in the primary SAC64 folder.
    When I try to load the plugin in SAC64 I get a "Trouble instantiating plugin" messagebox.
    The plugin loads fine in Reaper on the same PC.
    Does anyone here use Waves plugins with SAC64 and can confirm that it is possible? I know it's a long shot :-)
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

I believe they are all VST3 plugins now. You need to grab an older install that is VST2. Then they should work.
    Michael McInnis Productions

3. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I believe they are all VST3 plugins now. You need to grab an older install that is VST2. Then they should work.
    Thank you. That makes sense!
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

4. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Just a little update - I was working my way back through the versions, and couldn't get any of them working, but version 10 comes with 32 bit dll's, and they work, so I'm staying with SAC32 for now.
    Peter Olsen

5. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    Just a little update - I was working my way back through the versions, and couldn't get any of them working, but version 10 comes with 32 bit dll's, and they work, so I'm staying with SAC32 for now.
    I'm using this here for SAC 64bit-->

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/
    http://store.dontcrack.com/product_i...oducts_id=1888

It can host any VST3 plugins (Waves too) and you don't need to extract the Waves shells for that. Downside: More "mouse & click-action" to get to the right plugin hosted in the chainer.
    On the other hand you can host multiple plugins in one instance and once it opend, you can navigate quick between them. In addition you can host plugins that are causing latency in SAC as well.
    But I wish you could have VST3 support in SAC&SAW, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Christian

6. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    I'm using this here for SAC 64bit-->

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/
    http://store.dontcrack.com/product_i...oducts_id=1888

It can host any VST3 plugins (Waves too) and you don't need to extract the Waves shells for that. Downside: More "mouse & click-action" to get to the right plugin hosted in the chainer.
    On the other hand you can host multiple plugins in one instance and once it opend, you can navigate quick between them. In addition you can host plugins that are causing latency in SAC as well.
    But I wish you could have VST3 support in SAC&SAW, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Christian
    Hi Christian

I did look into the chainer option but I was afraid my mixing workflow would be slowed down too much. It's good to know that it can work "in real life". I'll give it a shot!
    Peter Olsen

7. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Wurst Werner View Post
    If there is to be a future for SAC - and I hope there is - VST3 support is necessary. Steinberg is pushing all plugin developers to drop VST2 support so we are not going to be able to use new plugins unless SAC supports VST3. And at least for me, the use of plugins, is the main attraction with SAC.
    Peter Olsen

8. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    If there is to be a future for SAC - and I hope there is - VST3 support is necessary. Steinberg is pushing all plugin developers to drop VST2 support so we are not going to be able to use new plugins unless SAC supports VST3. And at least for me, the use of plugins, is the main attraction with SAC.
    Full Ack!

Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Try BlueCat Patchworks plugin for now... you can load all your vst3 plugs into it and it into SAC... seems to work fine.

Bob L

10. Default Re: SAC64 - Waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Try BlueCat Patchworks plugin for now... you can load all your vst3 plugs into it and it into SAC... seems to work fine.

Bob L
    Thanks for the tip Bob.
    I assume there won't be a native VST3 implementation in SAC in the foreseeable future, right?