Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Feed SS master out to more than one device pair?

No.... 32 to 32.... 64 to 64.

Bob L

Cary, did my suggestion not work out?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Cary, did my suggestion not work out?
    I did some preliminary tests, but got distracted and don't remember the exact results. I'll try this again in the next day or so and report back.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

FWIW, my testing worked, but I don't know for certain that I understood your needs exactly right. Fingers crossed.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I want to be able to do this post fader on the master.

Can anyone recommend a known good solution for this?
    Do you have the option of using a mixer onboard your audio device (such as Totalmix, LynxMixer or something similar) to do the routing?

If not, and you still want to keep it in software, then maybe one of the VB Audio programs would work (includes ASIO support).

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

Other than using SAC or an external hardware mixer, that's all I can think of.

I finally took the time to do some proper testing. I made some interesting discoveries along the way.

The design goal was to feed my main mix to three sets of hardware outputs:
    One for control room monitor,
    One for headphone cue feed,
    and one pair for a loop through to an input pair to feed a remote connection over the web (we have been testing both Sessionwire and the Audiomovers "Listento" application).

I needed to have my main mix be on Output track 1, because that is what the master fader on my Behringer X-control acts on.
    Thing is, I can have it feed either a hardware output or other busses, but not both. I decided to have my first output pair on Output track 2, the second on Output track 3, and so on. But I found that SS would not let me leave Output track one with no output device, so I sent it to a higher number output pair that I don't use.

My first four output tracks are now labeled 2mix, CR mon, Cans, and Net out.

The session I tried this on is very simple, with no submixes. It works fine.
    Buit now I remember that I often use submixes, each of which is, of course, routed back to Output track 1.

So now I have a new question: Will SS let me feed multiple submixes into OT 1, and then feed OT 1 to other output tracks as needed? Or is nesting that deep locked out?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

no, you can’t feed output channels to other output channels. you can only feed submixes to output channels.

see my previous post earliar in the thread.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    no, you can***8217;t feed output channels to other output channels. you can only feed submixes to output channels.
    It seems to me an output channel can be assigned to either it's own numbered output--or to another output channel only if that destination is assigned to it's own numbered output.

You should look into using SAC as your front-end to SAWStudio... you can do all kinds of output routing to multiple outs in SAC... then just use the SAC-Link option to hook into SAWStudio.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    no, you can’t feed output channels to other output channels. you can only feed submixes to output channels.

see my previous post earliar in the thread.
    Yes, but can you feed submixes to other submixes? For example, a drum submix feeding a "2mix" submix, with the 2mix feeding other output tracks that are assigned to their own numbered device channels? And if submixes can be nested, is there a limit to how many "layers" of this one can do?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"