Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Feed SS master out to more than one device pair?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You should look into using SAC as your front-end to SAWStudio... you can do all kinds of output routing to multiple outs in SAC... then just use the SAC-Link option to hook into SAWStudio.

Bob L
    Yes, but that is another expensive addon for me to upgrade fro 32 bit to 64 bit. What originally drove this idea was the need to get around having to use a VST3 plugin for Sessionwire, because the recommended workaround from Blue Cat costs $100. Along the way, the multiple output split solves other problems, but I'm still trying to not bust my budget.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    Yes, but can you feed submixes to other submixes? For example, a drum submix feeding a "2mix" submix, with the 2mix feeding other output tracks that are assigned to their own numbered device channels? And if submixes can be nested, is there a limit to how many "layers" of this one can do?
    Yes - but the nesting is only one layer deep. For example, you can assign some input channels to output 1 others to 2, 3 & 4.

If output-track 1 and 2 are each assigned to output 1 and output-track 3 is assigned to 3. Output-track 4 can be assigned to output 1, 3 or 4 (which routes to a physical output) but not 2 (where attempting to initiate playback throws a message stating invalid output - also I seem to recall that the nesting should to be a lower track number).

Outfader 2 provides control over the assigned input-track's submix.
    Outfader 1 controls the volume of everything assigned to it (including outtrack 2 submix) going to physical output 1.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Yes - but the nesting is only one layer deep. For example, you can assign some input channels to output 1 others to 2, 3 & 4.

If output-track 1 and 2 are each assigned to output 1 and output-track 3 is assigned to 3. Output-track 4 can be assigned to output 1, 3 or 4 (which routes to a physical output) but not 2 (where attempting to initiate playback throws a message stating invalid output - also I seem to recall that the nesting should to be a lower track number).

Outfader 2 provides control over the assigned input-track's submix.
    Outfader 1 controls the volume of everything assigned to it (including outtrack 2 submix) going to physical output 1.
    I was afraid of that.

I have one test session where I have Output track 1 feeding output tracks 2, 3, and 4. With this setup, I cannot then create submixes to feed output track 1. This is a serious limitation.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"

If you only needed a few channels, you might use the effects returns - partial functionality and maybe more trouble than it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You should look into using SAC as your front-end to SAWStudio... you can do all kinds of output routing to multiple outs in SAC... then just use the SAC-Link option to hook into SAWStudio.

Bob L
    Since I have the 32 bit versions of both SAW and SAC, I did a routing test with those for feeding mutiple output pairs from a single master out of SS, and yes, it definitely works. I may yet go for the 64 bit SAC upgrade for use with SawStudio 64.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"