Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Solo/Cue follows monitor mixer output

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you click the solo master switch at the top of interface, the current mixer master is soloed... as you switch to a different mixer the solo live chases... so you can instantly solo any mixer master output and hear what each mix sound like and make adjustments.

Bob L

Excellent. Super easy. Thank you, Bob! Great software!

Hi everyone,

All is working great although I'm having a bit of trouble with the "SOLO FX" for the MON bus.
    Works great when assigning FX to the FOH solo bus, but I don't seem to be getting any signal with the MON Solo FX.
    I'm sure it's operator error on my behalf. Thanks for any help!

p.s. I've tried to update my profile info here, yet could also use some guidance on how to create a "signature" for my posts here.

Thanks!

Hi Dell --

Currently using Sac 64 demo.
    Optiplex XE2 (I7-4770s)
    16G ram
    404HD USB (for testing purposes) Coming soon: Older RME PCI cards
    Apogee Ensemble (stand alone) and Profire 2626
    Optimized with Bob and Marten's suggestions.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Nicholas,

May I ask some software/hardware-related questions?

For example:
    System: Desktop | Laptop
    SAC version:

Any other info would be helpful.

If you have not yet seen these videos, please do so...absolutely wonderful!! [Click_Me]
    • These videos may be particularly helpful for newbies!

The MON solo bus is only available when there is a remote connected... otherwise only the FOH solo bus is active.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you click the solo master switch at the top of interface, the current mixer master is soloed... as you switch to a different mixer the solo live chases... so you can instantly solo any mixer master output and hear what each mix sound like and make adjustments.

Bob L
    I am running a monitor mix as the audio source for a video stream. I would like to be able to solo a channel or multiple channels on my remote computer for the appropriate monitor mix. I’ve tried every setting I can think of. When I solo a channel, the FOH and all other monitor mixers mute out. I have the solo output device set appropriately. Right now I am having to mute everything but what I want to monitor.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

In MIXER -> SOLO MODE checke the SOLO IN PLACE setting (at the bottom of the menu)
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    In MIXER -> SOLO MODE checke the SOLO IN PLACE setting (at the bottom of the menu)
    Did that. Same result.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    I am running a monitor mix as the audio source for a video stream. I would like to be able to solo a channel or multiple channels on my remote computer for the appropriate monitor mix. I***8217;ve tried every setting I can think of. When I solo a channel, the FOH and all other monitor mixers mute out. I have the solo output device set appropriately. Right now I am having to mute everything but what I want to monitor.
    Would still love to know if this is possible.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    I am running a monitor mix as the audio source for a video stream. I would like to be able to solo a channel or multiple channels on my remote computer for the appropriate monitor mix. I***8217;ve tried every setting I can think of. When I solo a channel, the FOH and all other monitor mixers mute out. I have the solo output device set appropriately. Right now I am having to mute everything but what I want to monitor.
    Hi Mike,

I'm not understanding the question. You say when you solo a channel the FOH and all other monitor mixers mute out and that you are muting everything but what you want to monitor.

What are you expecting to happen? How are you monitoring the FOH/Monitor mixes if they are not Soloed?

There shouldn't be any audio running through your solo bus except for channels that are actively being soloed.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

There are many solo options in SAC... your solo switches should not normally affect other output chans so you are free to solo anywhere without affecting FOH or monitor outputs if the options are used as designed.

You should not be using the Solo In Place option if you are using the console as a live console... that option is only useful in a studio environment.

Read the solo option details in the helpfile Navigation/Main View and also the solo options in the Mixer menu near the bottom.

You should be using a Pre or Post solo mode or one of the combined modes.

When you press a solo button the signal will be routed to your chosen outputs for FOH operator as well as the MON operator.

You can also press the main solo lite at the top of the main window to monitor the master output of the current mixer and this will chase as you switch to a different mixer and is specifically designed to allow you to instantly hear any mixers mix and make adjustments.

Bob L