Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Solo/Cue follows monitor mixer output

Hi everyone!

First time posting! I'm very interested in SAC's monitor mix capabilities.
    I've been working through the demo and have a quick question.

Does SAC allow for the MON solo/cue function to follow the selected "monitor mixer"?

Common example is using SAC as the monitor engineer and needing to quickly hear/cue a specific mix (once the specific mix has been chosen) without needing to hit the actual SOLO button on the output bus.

Thanks for any help!

Great product!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Solo/Cue follows monitor mixer output

Nicholas,

Firstly, "Welcome to the Forum!" We hope that you will enjoy your stay?

Secondly, someone is always available here to assist you.

Thirdly, to answer your questions "Does SAC allow for the MON solo/cue function to follow the selected 'monitor mixer'?"
    • As to "How"?...one for the more experienced folk will have to chime-in here.

Again, Nicholas, "Welcome".

PS: If you do plan to "stay on" - and we hope that you do, please ensure that you complete your profile settings, and tell us a little about yourself.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-01-2022 at 05:37 AM.

3. Default Re: Solo/Cue follows monitor mixer output

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Does SAC allow for the MON solo/cue function to follow the selected "monitor mixer"?

Common example is using SAC as the monitor engineer and needing to quickly hear/cue a specific mix (once the specific mix has been chosen) without needing to hit the actual SOLO button on the output bus.
    Yes the output to the solo bus follows the selected mix, so if you select a mix that is setup to be a monitor mix, that's what you'll be hearing.

The only little annoyance i find with the SAC solobus and listening to monitor mixes is when you pan the master fader hard left or right to send the mix to only one physical output. When you do that and have the tap point set to "after fader" the sound on the solobus is also panned! To get around that I do the panning with a plugin patched post fader. It's no big deal but it's something to be aware of if you're listening on a wedge and can only hear half of the monitor mixes :-)
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Blog Entries

Peter,

Thanks Peter for your timely response! It was out of the "O"-rdinary!!

What a GREAT forum!!!

Thank you, Peter!

Do I need to set a preference to do this?
    Currently to test I've assigned the solo bus to a specific output which works when I solo anything.
    Yet the solo doesn't follow selected monitor mixer choice.

Apologies for the newbie challenges.

Thanks Peter!

there are two solo busses

1. FOH
    2. Monitor

You have to set the Monitor Buss to the output channel you want to monitor through. Both FOH and Monitor buss can be routed to the same output channels.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Nicolas,

Do you happen to have a copy of the SAC User Manual? [Click_Me]?

As stated on page 14 of the PDF version, in the section entitled, "2.3.5 Using Online Help",

"The SAC helpfile is carefully written and very useful once you spend some time with it. In fact, it is strongly recommended that you take a couple hours to read (or at least browse) the entire file using the Next and Previous links on the helpfile toolbar. The time you'll spend reading the helpfile will easily be made up for when you find your sessions are requiring less and less time because you've expanded your knowledge base of the program and can move much quicker."

Also, see page 38, "Solo Light" for further information.

Thank you! Totally missed this in the manual! I'm grateful for the help!

More soon!

Blog Entries

Nicholas,

May I ask some software/hardware-related questions?

For example:
    System: Desktop | Laptop
    SAC version:

Any other info would be helpful.

If you have not yet seen these videos, please do so...absolutely wonderful!! [Click_Me]
    • These videos may be particularly helpful for newbies!

If you click the solo master switch at the top of interface, the current mixer master is soloed... as you switch to a different mixer the solo live chases... so you can instantly solo any mixer master output and hear what each mix sound like and make adjustments.

Bob L