Close

Default BCF2000 Dynamics and EQ?

Hi everyone,

Working my way through the features of SAC and having quite a bit of fun.

While reading the manual and reading posts here, I see that the tried and true BCF2000 is a compatible control surface.
    Curious if the BCF is able to control the EQ and Dynamic parameters in addition to the usual fader, pan, etc..

Thanks for any help!
    NichoalsRadina.com
    SoundNerdsUnite.org

Dell Optiplex XE2 I7-4770S

2. Default Re: BCF2000 Dynamics and EQ?

The BCF can only control faders, pans, and mutes.

If you want the BCF to control other parameters I think you'll have to use a Control-template in SAC that allows control of the parameters you want to control, and then use some sort of midi-mapping (software) between the BCF and SAC. I'm doing that but I'm using an Icon Platform X controller and I have written a little piece of software that does the mapping.

To be honest I don't use the hardware controller for anything than faders and mutes that much. I use a touchscreen and I have, with some practice, become able to dial in eq's and dynamics just as fast on the screen as with the controller.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Default Re: BCF2000 Dynamics and EQ?

I believe the BCF has a Mackie Logic mode... not sure how good it emulates but that might give you access to the various chan sections.

Bob L

Thank you, Peter. Very helpful.

Would you be willing to share your mapping software? Or recommend another that could work?

Thanks, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    The BCF can only control faders, pans, and mutes.

If you want the BCF to control other parameters I think you'll have to use a Control-template in SAC that allows control of the parameters you want to control, and then use some sort of midi-mapping (software) between the BCF and SAC. I'm doing that but I'm using an Icon Platform X controller and I have written a little piece of software that does the mapping.

To be honest I don't use the hardware controller for anything than faders and mutes that much. I use a touchscreen and I have, with some practice, become able to dial in eq's and dynamics just as fast on the screen as with the controller.
    NichoalsRadina.com
    SoundNerdsUnite.org

Thank you, Bob. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I believe the BCF has a Mackie Logic mode... not sure how good it emulates but that might give you access to the various chan sections.

Bob L
    NichoalsRadina.com
    SoundNerdsUnite.org

Hi Bob (and all),

I was able to load up the BCF to function great with the BCF 8 channel template.

Although I'm not able to make the BCF respond when put into the "Mackie Mode" with a Mackie templates selected.

Is there another setting I need to configure on the BCF?

Thanks for any help,
    Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

Bob L
    NichoalsRadina.com
    SoundNerdsUnite.org

What you need is Behrckie control....

check it out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgAs-53U5A

the person
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100054579903783

Fulvio Politi, he is an Italian guy and knows few things

Quote Originally Posted by operationwhat View Post
    What you need is Behrckie control....

check it out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgAs-53U5A

the person
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100054579903783

Fulvio Politi, he is an Italian guy and knows few things
    Hmmm... no posts on his FB page since 2014. Is he still going with this, do you know?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts