Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Web Host

Default Re: New Web Host

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    They don't have to be the same, but you can still use your company email even if you switch hosts.

I may be a snob about this, but I don't think using a gmail address for business is very professional.
    Not a generic gmail account, a domained account. It uses gmail as the host, but uses a private domain john.doe@xyzcompany.com, like any other business email.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 12-13-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Angie stated, "I may be a snob about this, but I don't think using a gmail address for business is very professional..." ... and I do agree with you on this one.

And Philip stated, "...a domained account. It uses gmail as the host, but uses a private domain...like any other business email..." - I am not sure what many seem to be confused on this point...after all Google is a hosting provider...as is GoDaddy, Hostpapa, and many others.

Angie,

I totally agree. My ISP (iPage) is getting worse by the day. I'm making the switch very soon.
    Thank you.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Not a generic gmail account, a domained account. It uses gmail as the host, but uses a private domain john.doe@xyzcompany.com, like any other business email.
    Thank you Philip.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Angie stated, "I may be a snob about this, but I don't think using a gmail address for business is very professional..." ... and I do agree with you on this one.

And Philip stated, "...a domained account. It uses gmail as the host, but uses a private domain...like any other business email..." - I am not sure what many seem to be confused on this point...after all Google is a hosting provider...as is GoDaddy, Hostpapa, and many others.
    Dell, I think what we're getting at here is avoiding "xyz@gmail" for company emails.

Bill Corkery Productions