Close

Question It's been a while...logging to my RML account...EDL compatibility...

Hi there...it's been a while since I've used SS and I'm finding myself wanting to come back to it for specific things.
    I don't think I've ever logged in to the account on the RMLLABS website. I only did it on the old IQS site...I still have my original keycode and username but I can't seem to be able to login.
    So that's problem 1

Then I have several questions:

1) When upgrading to the 64 but version, will old EDLs from the 32 bit version load up?
    2) I read here about a way to use VST3 plugs with a wrapper..if I save a preset, will it save it in VST3 format or in the SS preset format?
    3) Does SS 64 bit work on Windows 11?
    4) Are there any feature additions from the 32 bit version that I should know about?

Thanks!
    Eitan
    -
    Eitan Teomi, Composer | Sound Designer
    handheldsound.com
    --

Blog Entries

Default Re: It's been a while...logging to my RML account...EDL compatibility...

Teomi,

Not really my area of expertise, but I will see what I do to "chime-in":

Q1) When upgrading to the 64 but version, will old EDLs from the 32 bit version load up?
    R1) Yes. I have had no issues with either SAC or SAW - given everything else as being equal

Q2) I read here about a way to use VST3 plugs with a wrapper..if I save a preset, will it save it in VST3 format or in the SS preset format?
    R2) Search the forum for various suggestions

Q3) Does SS 64 bit work on Windows 11?
    R3) Yes...during my meanderings with the OS. The real question is "Why?"
    • I have an older XP box and am running WIN7 Pro on my "Live Rig" with a mint condition 2nd Gen motherboard.
    • I have seen no need whatsoever to use WIN 11 - or even WIN10 for that matter - at least from my own personal perspective.
    • For WIN10, obtain LTSC version 2021, and you will "be good to go!!"

Q4) Are there any feature additions from the 32 bit version that I should know about?
    R4) Other than the coding - SAC32 and SAC64 function and appear the same.

I do hope that the above is of some assistance.

Default Re: It's been a while...logging to my RML account...EDL compatibility...

My additional comments inline in this somewhat shouty font.

Not really my area of expertise, but I will see what I do to "chime-in":

Q1) When upgrading to the 64 but version, will old EDLs from the 32 bit version load up?
    R1) Yes. I have had no issues with either SAC or SAW - given everything else as being equal

Be aware that once the EDL is updated to SAW64, it is no longer compatible with SAW32, so best to make a copy before import.

Q2) I read here about a way to use VST3 plugs with a wrapper..if I save a preset, will it save it in VST3 format or in the SS preset format?
    R2) Search the forum for various suggestions

I use Metaplugin and it can save individual or chains of VST3 plugins (or VST2s or a combo of both) in its own format, or you can save them in SAW’s format. I have a number of wrapped chains and plugins in SAW format that I open into my sessions after they have been configured and saved.

Q3) Does SS 64 bit work on Windows 11?
    R3) Yes...during my meanderings with the OS. The real question is "Why?"
    • I have an older XP box and am running WIN7 Pro on my "Live Rig" with a mint condition 2nd Gen motherboard.
    • I have seen no need whatsoever to use WIN 11 - or even WIN10 for that matter - at least from my own personal perspective.
    • For WIN10, obtain LTSC version 2021, and you will "be good to go!!"

Yes.

Q4) Are there any feature additions from the 32 bit version that I should know about?
    R4) Other than the coding - SAC32 and SAC64 function and appear the same.

Yes, pretty much everything is the same as before, except it can use more of your system’s memory and will be compatible with Window OS versions for longer.

I do hope that the above is of some assistance.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Thanks for the replies guys!
    -
    Eitan Teomi, Composer | Sound Designer
    handheldsound.com
    --

Eitan,

A voice form the past.

Second vote on Metaplugin. It doesn't even manipulate audio in itself - but still allows you do some interesting things, and I have been having great fun with it.