Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Looking for SAC Recommendations

If you haven't seen the Michel Legrand video, it's worth checking out.
    Especially the part where Bob explains the Behringer ADA's.
    https://www.rmllabs.com/MainSite/sac-video.html
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

From the 1st post in this thread.....

I'd rather avoid Behringer, as my local music store can't get them anymore, and I'd like to give him some of this business
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    From the 1st post in this thread.....

I'd rather avoid Behringer, as my local music store can't get them anymore, and I'd like to give him some of this business
    Sorry, Philip. I missed that.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

No need for apologies. Although I'd rather avoid Behringer, EVERYTHING is on the table at this point in my research! I did call Bob, and he was very helpful - thank you Bob!

Blog Entries

John,

I know the whole Behringer debacle is - to some, a somewhat sensitive subject.

This being said, the Behringer's work, have a good track record, and are relatively inexpensive when compared with others.

So, my suggestion is, get the Behringer's... [Sweetwater]

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    John,
    console
    I know the whole Behringer debacle is - to some, a somewhat sensitive subject.

This being said, the Behringer's work, have a good track record, and are relatively inexpensive when compared with others.

So, my suggestion is, get the Behringer's... [Sweetwater]
    I totally understand! The only reason I want to avoid Behringer is that my local music store, who has been very good to us in the past, will be disappointed to miss out on a $50,000 console sale! I'd hate to throw salt on the wound by buying what we do use from Sweetwater. But I'll certainly keep them in mind....

Quote Originally Posted by John F View Post
    I totally understand! The only reason I want to avoid Behringer is that my local music store, who has been very good to us in the past, will be disappointed to miss out on a $50,000 console sale! I'd hate to throw salt on the wound by buying what we do use from Sweetwater. But I'll certainly keep them in mind....
    The Focusrite Octopre Dynamic is a good alternative to the Behringer. There is a significate price difference, though. Of course, if you are going the ADAT route, you can mix and match pre/converters. The last church install with SAC I did, there were 24 channels of Octopre for mics inputs and all outputs and an old Tascam MX-2424 for lines and additional mic pres.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    The Focusrite Octopre Dynamic is a good alternative to the Behringer. There is a significate price difference, though. Of course, if you are going the ADAT route, you can mix and match pre/converters. The last church install with SAC I did, there were 24 channels of Octopre for mics inputs and all outputs and an old Tascam MX-2424 for lines and additional mic pres.
    Thank you, Angie. This brings up a good point - could anyone point me towards a good-sized church that's using SAC for FOH? I'd love the opportunity to talk with them.

John Francis
    Rolla, MO