Close

Default sac + behringer X32

Hi all, does anybody has an experience of using Behringer X32 mixing console with SAC and SAW? I used to have older BCF2000's connected to SAC via USB and I wonder if it is possible to do the same with X32.
    I know there's a template for BCF2000 but not for X32, is there one I can get somewhere, or BCF2000 template will work with X32 too?
    I will greatly appreciate if anybody could provide a step-by-step guide how to hook X32 with SAC, or at least give me a clue where to start.

Default Re: sac + behringer X32

I'll leave it to the experts to suggest a MIDI template for you. But I'm curious: why do you want to use both SAC and an X32, since they both do the same thing (mixing)? Why not either use the X32 with it's onboard faders OR SAC with an external fader pack and audio interface? Do you want to use the X32 only as audio I/O and control surface (for SAC's mixer functions)?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: sac + behringer X32

I don't know enough about the x32 MIDI implementation, but unless there is a Mackie, or HUI or BFC emulation mode in the x32 I'm pretty sure your not going to have much success with the x32 as a control surface with SAC.

I saw there were a couple of videos of setting up the x32 for use with Ableton and Logic, but I think they were programming Ableton and Logic to recognize the button presses on the x32, rather than they other way around.

You can of coarse just plug it in and try out the various templates and see if it recognizes anything.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.