Close

Default Using Control Track For Markers Is A Great Workaround

Well, I asked about the limited number of Locate Points in another thread
    and Bob suggested to use the Control Track to have an "unlimited" number of labelled markers

and it does work great! =-D
    Thanks Bob!

I thought I'd repost in its own thread, cuz my question was a digression in another thread
    which might have made it tricky for others to find
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using Control Track For Markers Is A Great Workaround

Todd,

The Control Track is one of those "feature sets" that is first, derived from the mind-set of one whom is always "thinking ahead", and second, makes SAWStudio literally "stand out from the rest".

I personally employ the use of the Control Track for my Live Performance configurations and which permits me to focus all of my attention on the actual performance whilst deploying the supporting hardware and software to perform those functions for which such hardware and software was designed.

One very important operational facet that the Control Track permits me to do is to completely negate the use of MIDI for hardware "control", and which permits me to deploy various control functions via the Control Track that would otherwise be very difficult to realize.

Well done, Bob!!

Default Re: Using Control Track For Markers Is A Great Workaround

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Well, I asked about the limited number of Locate Points in another thread
    and Bob suggested to use the Control Track to have an "unlimited" number of labelled markers

and it does work great! =-D
    Thanks Bob!

I thought I'd repost in its own thread, cuz my question was a digression in another thread
    which might have made it tricky for others to find
    Thanks, Todd. Great reminder. A nice thing about control track too, is you can just a millisecond later, automate all the changes desired from that point (till the next Control track entry, etc). So you can have complicated custom mix setups throughout the timeline. Also great for A/B comparisons when sections are duplicated, using markers 1,2,3,4).
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com