Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Wav/Mp3 Player VST

Good day,

I have had issues with this plug-in - in both 32-bit and 64-bit.

In all honesty, it would appear that many of these so-called "programmers" are not really programmers in the truest sense of the word. Rather, I would tend to refer to such as "code fragment assemblers".

Many of today's "
    code fragment assemblers" are using platforms such as JUCE...which I do NOT really care for.
    * Now, this is NOT to say that all those that use JUCE are NOT "Juc'd Up"...but many are. And I do believe that Mixax Labs might be of the former...as this plug-in is developed using JUCE.
    * I have provided Mirax with very detailed and documented information and all I get from them is "...the software works with other plug-in hosts...so it must be the plug-in host that I am currently using."
    * "Bovine fecal matter!"...is my typical response to such replies.

What is very interesting to note here, is that one particular software application that I have been using for the last 6 years...both 32-bt and 64-bit...in one of the recent updates, began exhibiting some rather interesting anomalies. During my testing, I just happened upon an error dialog stating something to the fact of a "JUCE dialog error". Hmmm.

So, I begin to examine the other versions...and low-and-behold...all of the previous versions were not developed using JUCE...just this and the latter versions were. And the typical response, "No one else has been exhibiting these errors...so it must be the plug-in host that I am using."

Maybe...just maybe, the plug-in host that I am using is actually exhibiting errors that are simply being missed or even ignored by the other softwares? Hmmmm.

Anyhow, my youngest of seven completed a C++ course a couple of years ago and I have asked him if he would look into developing a 64 bit version of the SAC Wavefile Player that I put together some years back now. We will see...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Wav/Mp3 Player VST

Carl,

"Good luck to your son! (or daughter as the case may be)" ... Well actually, my son has decided to be identified as "binary"!! "Hee...Hee!!!"