Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default MultiTrack Entry Display Issues

Good day,

Oftentimes, when I load a Session .edl, the wave file data is not displayed in the MultiTrack Entry.

My only resolve thus far is to exit that session,perform an "iAdd SoundFle to Mt" operation, load the given wave file [the wave data is now properly displayed], exit that session and re-launch the previous session - an all appears to be OK!

Any ideas??

PS: I hope that I am using the correct terminology here?

Thanks!!

Default Re: MultiTrack Entry Display Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

Oftentimes, when I load a Session .edl, the wave file data is not displayed in the MultiTrack Entry.

My only resolve thus far is to exit that session,perform an "iAdd SoundFle to Mt" operation, load the given wave file [the wave data is now properly displayed], exit that session and re-launch the previous session - an all appears to be OK!

Any ideas??

PS: I hope that I am using the correct terminology here?

Thanks!!
    Are you hitting 'w'?

Otherwise, the session may think the wpd file exists, but doesn't - or is out of sync with the corresponding wav. There is a way to force regeneration of the wpd in one of the triangle menus (I had this problem and someone directed me to the solution, so you might be able to search it out on the forum).

Blog Entries

jmh,

Thanks for the "tip! Much appreciated!!

This posting here appears to resolve the issue. [Click_Me]
    • I never knew how important .wpd files were...
    • I have an innate tendency to always "nuke the beggars" - as I assumed that such data was akin to a temp files. But I see that I was clearly wrong here!!

So, what precisely is a .wpd data file? The User Manuals say nothing of such data?

Question: What specifically is the triangle menu in question here?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-05-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post

Question: What specifically is the triangle menu in question here?
    It's found in the View/File Menu choice and gives the option to refresh the waveforms of selected tracks....

BTW, one of the ways I have gotten my wpd and possibly wav out of kilter is doing an undo while record is armed.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,

You stated, "It's found in the View/File Menu choice and gives the option to refresh the waveforms of selected tracks...." ...thanks for this...this also does the trick!! Much appreciated!

PS: "...[Left-Clicking] on the blue pyramid Options icon displays a small popup menu containing the following options:..."

I will now consider this anomaly resolved!!

The wpd files are low resolution views of the waveform that are used when zoomed out. As the amount of data used gets smaller as you zoom in, the view seamlessly switches to the full resolution data. This is to avoid a data bottleneck if you were displaying numerous tracks that would require a lot of disk access. This method is used by other DAWs though the file names are different.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

Michael,

Thanks for the explanation...very much appreciated.

For completion, I believe wpd = WavPeakData - although as you pointed out there is not a lot about it in the manual.

If anyone cares: quick regeneration of the WPD file for a given WAV file can be done in the SF View by hitting the R key.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts