Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: MultiTrack Entry Display Issues

Dave,

You stated, "...quick regeneration of the WPD file for a given WAV file can be done in the SF View by hitting the R key...."

As I do not employ SoundFile View, I launched the wave file which launched SoundFile view, which in turn, then redrew the view.

So, Dave, regardless, thanks for the tip! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

You stated, "...quick regeneration of the WPD file for a given WAV file can be done in the SF View by hitting the R key...."

As I do not employ SoundFile View, I launched the wave file which launched SoundFile view, which in turn, then redrew the view.

So, Dave, regardless, thanks for the tip! Much appreciated!
    Good point. Yes, if the WPD file does not exist, any time you try to open the WAV in the SF View, the WPD will auto-generate. If you have no waveform in the MT because a WPD doesn't exist, a double-click on the relevant region entry will open it in the SF View, spontaneously creating the WPD. (in either case, no R key needed)

FWIW, sometimes regenerating a waveform is helpful, like if there's been some kind of EDL pointer corruption or the WPD no longer accurately reflects the WAV file. That's when the R key comes in.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Michael pointed out that the wpd isn't used at high zoom. If you are doing manual sample adjustments like flattening out a click, it wouldn't have occurred to me that you probably have to hit r for it to be reflected in the wpd.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Michael pointed out that the wpd isn't used at high zoom. If you are doing manual sample adjustments like flattening out a click, it wouldn't have occurred to me that you probably have to hit r for it to be reflected in the wpd.
    I was curious, so I tried it. Looks like Bob took care of that for us; manually re-drawing samples of the waveform is instantly reflected in the WPD.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts