Close

Thread: SAC Control

Default SAC Control

Hello everyone. I have been having a great time working with SAC but I have one little challenge, its very little but I'll state it. Working with SAC I find I from time to time do miss having knobs to control channel strip (Eq and Dynamics), so my question is, is there any control surface for which a template exists in sac that allows control of the channel strip? Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Default Re: SAC Control

The older behringer bcf/bcr 2000 work. I believe the newer Behringer X-touch controllers also are useable. I have used a Bcf2000 on occasion, but have not used an x-touch and therefore cannot say for certain.

You could check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgAs-53U5A I personally find it's much easier just to use the computer keyboard as the the alternatives are just too much mucking around.

Okay thanks a bunch!

Blog Entries

Stephen,

Ditto!..Ditto!...Ditto! on what Reujonik stated...
    • Stephen, you really...I mean "really"...need to spend some time reading the user manual and seeing what is available for keyboard usage.
    • Also, please give yourself time in gettng accustomed to such usages...usually 90 days will suffice. Believe me, you will NOT regret this time spent!!

For what it is worth, check this out...seriously: [Click_Me]

Hope this helps?

The Mackie Control units work well with the readout displays and controls for all the mixer parameters.

Bob L

The MackieMcu templates work fine with the xTouch, tested with 8 channels and 16 channels.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Thanks everyone for the responses, you've all been very helpful. @Dell I am currently going through the manual to het better at working with the keyboard, its the least expensive way to go and I saw some where that its how Bob works, if it works fine for him, I'll put it in some more time to it. @Bob a curious question, does that mean that the Mackie C4 and C4 pro will work fine for channel strip? Thanks all, this has been a fun ride and I'm grateful this support group exists.

The Mackie MCU Control Universal is the one.... there are a few on Reverb.com for a few hundred bucks at the time of this message.

Bob L

Awesome, thanks!