Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: FX Automation: Multiple Instances Of Same Cane Be Confusing

The only issue I am aware of is that latency inducing plugins in the prefader slot offset the playback of audio such that the automation is early to the audio by the amount of the latency. SS keeps the appropriate buffer delay for on/off of plugins, but the automation is displaced by the prefader latency. So, I have come to only use non latency plugins in the pre slot, but all latency inducing ones in the post fader slot.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Default Re: FX Automation: Multiple Instances Of Same Cane Be Confusing

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    The only issue I am aware of is that latency inducing plugins in the prefader slot offset the playback of audio such that the automation is early to the audio by the amount of the latency. SS keeps the appropriate buffer delay for on/off of plugins, but the automation is displaced by the prefader latency. So, I have come to only use non latency plugins in the pre slot, but all latency inducing ones in the post fader slot.
    Thanks for this :-)

So, a little update for my workaround

I've figured out that if I use an unused RETURN track to manually "transfer" my automation on/off states; then it is fairly easy to apply those states to the plugins in the the other part of the routing (Pre/Post). It was very easy to get lost without creating some sort of a guide. Using this method provides me with a guide.

I suppose if someone had no extra return tracks, another layer could be used for the same purpose.

It's not as painful a task as I presumed it might be.