Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: JUCE!

Default Re: OT: JUCE!

Sorry to intrude the thread but can anyone tell me why do plugin alteration,
    like knob movement effect the sound when SAC engine is supposed to force
    audio to one core only and the rest should be on the other?

WHY???

Just did a show and put Nomad BlueTubes in SAC a low CPU plugin compressor
    and SAC started to drop out like hell!!!!!!

And I mixed with 7.4 protools 15years ago with 2x32 without any dropouts + triggers + 1176 + 15ch live monitorng?!
    How come?
    ------------------------
    Anyway there's a not so new (2016) software mixer out there for Mac that does some similar thing like SAC Loudlab / SoundDesk
    that reminds me of waves rack but much better!
    Anyone ever worked with it? Any experience????
    Last edited by operationwhat; 01-25-2024 at 01:16 AM.

Make sure that the SAC startup icon is set to "Run As Administrator" and that the SAC option to force realtime priority is checked... see if that makes a difference.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Good day,

A very important update!!

At the recommendation of one of the developers, I spent a few hours learning my way around "Reaper" and to my surprise, I discovered that Reaper was experiencing very similar anomalies as that of SAC!
    * I cannot state that these anomalies are identical, but GUI stalls occurs with both hosts! Interesting!

Within a Reaper project, you have the ability to save a plug-in "preset". Again, this ability is within the project...thus, within the application.
    * Thus, I saved two presets. Then toggling between the two, the UI stalls..thought the "effect" of that changes is observed...and heard! Thus, the UI itself, stalls.

Again, "When you have eliminated the impossible, what is left, no matter how unlikely, is the truth."