Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Win 10 upgrade problem

Almost all modern SSD's do not require the OS/Platform to perform house keeping as the on-board controllers handle that internally on the SSD.

Meaning you really don't have to worry about the trim issue.

As for reliability, at this point SSDs are more reliable than mechanical hard drives, with the one caveat being that when they do fail, they generally fail suddenly and catastrophically. So its really important to build reliable/redundant storage systems and maintain proper backups. (but you should be doing that anyway)

If your editing video, you really should be working from a RAID array and/or M.2 SSD flash storage.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backb...s-for-q2-2023/
    https://www.backblaze.com/blog/ssd-d...d-2022-review/
    Last edited by cgrafx; 09-19-2023 at 01:58 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Philip,

WOW! Very interesting data on the Backblaze site!

As always Philip...succinct...in the information you provide...and I am always very grateful!

I am also "gob-smacked" as to the overall capacities of the drive folks are employing these day!! Servers...Yes! Home users...Hmmmm!
    * I have been using Outlook 2003 "forrre-evvv-errr!"...and the data fie size is 45.6MB's!!
    * My personal data store is 11GB/s!

Blog Entries

Not sure if you know about this?

Blog Entries

JonathanT,

Well! With more than 60 hours of testing-and-retesting, I finally have WIN10 LTSC to the point of "satisfaction".

Very simply, this
    "satisfaction" state is based on being able to install an OS multiple times without any "hic-cups"! I mean, "None!"

I am finally there!! Yahoo!!

So,
    JonathanT. Why not give me a call sometime so I "remote-in" to have a look-see.

Also, if you happen to have a spare 4GB flash drive, I can show you how to disk image your system...that is, if you are not already doing so.
    Contact info is the sig...

PS: By-the-way, please be VERY CAREFUL with regards to bcdedit! If you do NOT know what you are doing with the BCD, I would personally NOT recommend going this route. Just my five-bucks worth...due entirely to inflation!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 09-26-2023 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks Microstudio and mr_es335

I've finally got the internet working on a fresh install of Windows 7. Shouldn't have been so hard but it was. I'm setting that up reinstalling all my plugins at present. After that I'll set up Windows 10 again on a separate SSD and I will try your suggestions.

I have been successfully cloning the drives using Aomei Partition Assistant and Backupper.

Best Regards

Jonathan