Close

Thread: SOT: WIN10 LTSC

Blog Entries

Default SOT: WIN10 LTSC

Good day,

Due to a change in software, I had to make the move to WIN10.

With thanks to cgrafx for his insight into LTSC, I have been attempting a clean-install of WIN10 on my production system. In short, I very much dislike Windows 10!

It appears that during each-and-every install that something else crops-up that requires attention. One thing for sure - disable updates...immediately.
    * The initial install image size was 5,188,820
    * After the so-called "required" updates, the subsequent image size was 10,026,976...an increase of 4,838,156..and for WHAT! Fluff!!
    * Also, along with O&O ShutUp10, I have disabled no less than 326 "things".

7 installs later and I am finally getting to the point where I would be with WIN7.

All that I can say, is that I sure hope that all of this effort is worth it!!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 09-13-2023 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Typos

Default Re: SOT: WIN10 LTSC

I had not heard of ShutUp10. It looks very interesting. And, I see that it has an export settings option. If your settings work out after careful testing - maybe you could export your ShutUp10 settings and make the file available for others? On the other hand, if Win10 is still lacking, consider Project Lasso (another Phillip contribution).

https://bitsum.com/

If you haven't worked with 64-bit headroom, you may find that you like that a lot. Plenty of RAM address space for VSTs.

And, yes - it's nuts how much you have to go through to make Win10 play great with SAC/SAW. But it is doable.

Blog Entries

John,

You stated..."...If your settings work out after careful testing - maybe you could export your ShutUp10 settings and make the file available for others?..." ...Okay, John...here 'ya go [Click_Me]

Got it. Thanks!

Blog Entries

John,

Three very important "things"...1) Backup, 2) Disk-image, and 3) Repeat...

Update!
    Along with ShutUp10, Winaero Tweaker is also a "must have". This is a "portable app" and it is available for free.
    * I have provided my version here - which includes the accompanying .ini file of tweaks that I employ. Just unzip and launch...
    * The most recent update is not required as this update is only pertinent to WIN11...so ignore...
    Last edited by mr_es335; 09-13-2023 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Good day,

Well, my installation of Windows 10 LTSC [1809] has finally been completed...at least on the"Test System"...which I refer to as the "Development System".

I was having a number of major issues, but eventually discovered that these issues were due to a faulty disk-imaging flash drive.

I will now be porting over the installation to the actual "Deployment System".

Here is a screen capture of the Task Manager...

I will keep interested parties updated as to my progress....hopefully not regress...
    Last edited by mr_es335; 09-13-2023 at 08:08 PM.