Close

Blog Entries

Default SOT: Dragonfly Reverb - Update!

Good day,

I have the following information that I thought might of interest regarding the Dragonfly Reverbs...

From the attached text, "The On-Line Texts: Michael made provision for on-line versions of the User Manuals - one text for each of the four aforementioned plug-ins. As I personally prefer local copies of any-and-all such documentation, I decided to develop off-line versions of each of these texts. During this development process, I noticed that there was, what I will refer to as, "a degree of commonality" in each of the above four plug-ins and therefore, I felt it appropriate to combine these four texts into one. I have also updated those texts as the needs required I those updates."

As a result of the completion of that documentation, I felt it appropriate to make that information available to others here on the RML Labs Forum.

Also, from that text, "In closing...I do sincerely believe that the introduction of the Dragonfly reverbs will add to the overall functionality of the RML Lab line of software products. This "overall functionality" might be particularly applicable in place of the Studio Reverb - in order to complement the 64-bit versions of SAW and SAC. As a staunch believer in Bob and his "work" - I want to do all that I am able with the gifts and abilities provided - to support Bob in his efforts. Without him - these efforts would truly be in vain!"

In my own recent comparisons, I really-and-truly cannot hear any significant difference between the Dragonfly versions and others [...the number has now grown to 69!].

On another potentially minute point, "Does the target audience actually give a hoot as to what make-and-model of reverb one employs?"

As I often state, "Is it that we are subjectively objective - or are we objectively subjective?"

My "Eventual" Goal
    My eventual goal is to provide a single location for this data for those that are interested in the Dragonfly reverbs.
    * I am also hopeful that the developer of the Native versions will provide the code. My youngest son, Joshua, graduated from a C++ programming course a year-or-so back - with "honours", by-the-way, and might be interested in working on that project. He also has a working knowledge of Assembler - due to my programming-past.

In closing...
    Any comments/suggestions/informing of errors in content - those that provide such, such information...would be greatly appreciated!
    * PS: Support link is below for those that are so inclined! Thank you!

I hope that some will find that above information of some practicable use.

The Dragonfly Reverb/RML Labs User Manual [Click_Me]
    * 20 pages, 1.4MB

Update: Have a peep...in progress...
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-16-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOT: Dragonfly Reverb - Update!

Good day,

Well...after some actual plug-in deployment, it has been discovered that the UI suffers from major update issues!

I am considering sending off the code to someone who might check into this anomaly!

Until then...if it ever occurs [..gettin' too old for this stuff!...] ...I suggest FabFilter products ... 1) low overhead, 2) great installation, 3) NO "JUCE"!, 4) great support, and 5) OK Pricing!