Close

Thread: how to clean ?

Default how to clean ?

how to clear recent soundfile filelist ?

Default Re: how to clean ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    how to clear recent soundfile filelist ?
    Hi,
    shift + left click

Blog Entries

Andrew,

Form the User Manual, page 244: "Pressing the [Shift] key when selecting an entry will remove that entry from the list."
    * See: Page 18, 2.3.5, paragraph 1 and paragraph 2...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Andrew,

Form the User Manual, page 244: "Pressing the [Shift] key when selecting an entry will remove that entry from the list."
    * See: Page 18, 2.3.5, paragraph 1 and paragraph 2...
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    Hi,
    shift + left click
    Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot
    but I still wonder where it was stored in the registry

Thanks a lot

It's not. Saw's housekeeping is internal to its directories. This would be in one of the files. I played around with the one that keeps track of the recent edls. It wasn't worth figuring out - particularly after having such a nice answer to that version of your question.

BTW, windows or the installer might make an entry, but I believe saw itself writes nothing to the registry.
    Last edited by jmh; 10-17-2023 at 04:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Andrew,

As far as I understand, Bob's software does not write to the Registry...in fact..."Why would it need to?"

This "data" is stored in two data files...both located in the \Configuration folder, 1) RecentSessionList, and 2) RecentSoundFileList
    * If you "Nuke these beggars..."...then, all is gone!! This is how I generally go about things anyhow.

RE: JMH..."...Windows or the installer might make an entry, but I believe saw itself writes nothing to the registry." "No", to the first, and, "Yes", to the second.
    * Bob's "modus-operandi" is rather ingenious...especially when it comes to his installation routines...

For-your-interest...I go through a rigorous testing process when I first install an application - which involves two terms "clean" or "dirty". All-in-one"="Clean"..."More-than-one"="Dirty"
    * Both SAW and SAC are "All-in-one" environments...so "Clean". No hooks or embeds.
    * Waves stuff, on-the-other-hand...extremely dirty...which is why I will never, ever use their stuff.

Hope this helps...or, at least, makes sense?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-18-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Andrew,

As far as I understand, Bob's software does not write to the Registry...in fact..."Why would it need to?"

This "data" is stored in two data files...both located in the \Configuration folder, 1) RecentSessionList, and 2) RecentSoundFileList
    * If you "Nuke these beggars..."...then, all is gone!! This is how I generally go about things anyhow.

RE: JMH..."...Windows or the installer might make an entry, but I believe saw itself writes nothing to the registry." "No", to the first, and, "Yes", to the second.
    * Bob's "modus-operandi" is rather ingenious...especially when it comes to his installation routines...

For-your-interest...I go through a rigorous testing process when I first install an application - which involves tow terms "clean" or "dirty". All-in-one"="Clean"..."More-than-one"="Dirty"
    * Both SAW and SAC are "All-in-one" environments...so "Clean". No hooks or embeds.
    * Waves stuff, on-the-other-hand...extremely dirty...which is why I will never, ever use their stuff.

Hope this helps...or, at least, makes sense?
    thank you very much !!!