Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will SAW recognize I/O over ethernet?

It's been a few weeks since my last attempt to do this with my Roland M-5000 at church, but as I recall, you need to go into the patchbay on your M480 board and "build" the mix, by putting the channels you want in the correct order on REAC A. Then when you bring up the record meters in SAWStudio, you should be able to click on their "Input" window, choose (perhaps) Mono, then pick which record device to use. Please keep us posted on your progress!

John Francis
    Rolla, MO

Finally got a chance to test the M-480 REAC Split output to record up to 40 tracks into SAW, using my old x60 Win7 Thinkpad.

As you suggested, John F., the key was in the M-480 patchbay routing. Once that all got worked out and reconfigured by the current operators of the system, the Thinkpad and SAW handled an hour's test run of a full 40 track session without hesitation.

I'll be able to do another test before next Wednesday's setup and dress rehearsal, just to be sure AND one of the board operators says his own laptop will be in the house for a backup, even if he isn't (he has other obligations). So I cautiously say that I think I'm set to go next week.

I didn't get to test this, but I'm still curious as to why putting SAC in front of SAW (as I do when recording through the X32 or S3 Live USB link) caused SAC to crash in the first tests.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Finally got a chance to test the M-480 REAC Split output to record up to 40 tracks into SAW, using my old x60 Win7 Thinkpad.

As you suggested, John F., the key was in the M-480 patchbay routing. Once that all got worked out and reconfigured by the current operators of the system, the Thinkpad and SAW handled an hour's test run of a full 40 track session without hesitation.

I'll be able to do another test before next Wednesday's setup and dress rehearsal, just to be sure AND one of the board operators says his own laptop will be in the house for a backup, even if he isn't (he has other obligations). So I cautiously say that I think I'm set to go next week.

I didn't get to test this, but I'm still curious as to why putting SAC in front of SAW (as I do when recording through the X32 or S3 Live USB link) caused SAC to crash in the first tests.
    probably because the REAC driver is not a low latency interface and requires a much higher buffer setting then you would normally set in SAC
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    probably because the REAC driver is not a low latency interface and requires a much higher buffer setting then you would normally set in SAC
    That could be. I hadn't considered that. It is well over 1 sec.