Close

Thread: MIDI tracks?

Default MIDI tracks?

How do I copy 4 bars of midi notes on all 4 MIDI tracks forward in time, in one go?
    Did try several selecting methods but I ended up to copy one track at time and move them forward with a one bar gap betwen them.
    ex.) 4bar+4bar+4bar.
    That is handy when testing different chords.

Blog Entries

Default Re: MIDI tracks?

Copying multiple notes starts around 1:30

Last edited by Microstudio; 11-07-2023 at 07:33 AM.

Hello Microstudio!
    Thanks for the input, Yes I mostly select the whole bar and then do the ctrl+backspace, very handy.
    I have Your videos in my browser ready for memorizing procedures.Very nice videos.
    But how to select 4 midi tracks at once and then do ctrl+backspace?
    All 4 miditracks with 4 bars of midi notes/chords, how do one selecting 4 miditracks all at the same time, 4 tracks selected?
    First I select 4 bars in a miditrack Track 1, then I tried to click/select all track numbers, 2-3-4 and then do the ctrl+backspace but there is only track 1 selected.
    If I move cursor down then track 2 is selected with 4 bars, I would like to get all 4 tracks selected at the same time and then do the ctrl+backspace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Hello Microstudio!
    But how to select 4 midi tracks at once and then do ctrl+backspace?
    I do not think you can do that and the workaround would be to do one track at a time.

Blog Entries

Göran,

You stated, "But how to select 4 midi tracks at once and then do ctrl+backspace?..."

No, you cannot do that I am afraid!

Not sure of any MIDI application that permits that degree of functionality...to be honest...
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-08-2023 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Göran,

Y9u stated, "But how to select 4 midi tracks at once and then do ctrl+backspace?..."

No, you cannot do that I am afraid!

Not sure of any MIDI application that permits that degree of functionality...to be honest...
    Well.. thanks for Your input.
    I move on an will do it the usualway then

Select the midi tracks by clicking on the track numbers on the left edge of the multitrack... the numbers will blacken... now any copy and paste options you use on one of those selected tracks will duplicate across the rest... just like multitrack edits in the audio multitrack window.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Good day,

Select the midi tracks by clicking on the track numbers on the left edge of the multitrack... the numbers will blacken... now any copy and paste options you use on one of those selected tracks will duplicate across the rest... just like multitrack edits in the audio multitrack window."
    There are those times when it is great to be corrected...and it would appear that this is one of those times...thanks, Bob for the clarification!

Please note: Just tested this functionality...and guess what..."It works!!" "Wunderbar!!"
    • Even though only one section of data is selected, all "blacked" sections are involved in whatever actions are taking place.
    • This is what made me "think" [incorrectly I must say], that only a single track was affected...but NOT SO!!
    • "To think is to assume." And to assume is "To make an a** out of you and me!"
    • a** = an "intergluteal cleft" by-the-way!

Last edited by mr_es335; 11-08-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Select the midi tracks by clicking on the track numbers on the left edge of the multitrack... the numbers will blacken... now any copy and paste options you use on one of those selected tracks will duplicate across the rest... just like multitrack edits in the audio multitrack window.

Bob L
    Thanks for the input!
    Workflow updated